Weird intrumentalists Unite! (1 Viewer)

jjames-hall

HSC
a whatsist? rofl, i hardy ever see one of em. Its an 'old' instrument so i spose not many are drawn to learn it...

I can play the spoons, does that count? :rofl:

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
If I may say so myself, that is one sexy harp.

I play oboe - thats a pretty weird instrument. :)

kit scara

Lyres Lair, just past the pink baloon tied to the
HSC
I know, the triangle's hardcore!

It is a darn sexy harp. I wish it was mine. Mine's a littler lever harp, but it's still pretty. It's name is Lilly Rose, I named it when I was 7. If I had got it ow, I'd probably give it a sexy guy's name.. like... Tobias.... or Eugene.. something like that.
OHHHH MY GOODNESS! REALLY? I LOVE THE OBOE!! I have one, and I took lessons, but then I couldn't afford them any more. My school choir sang in the Opera house when I was.. about 7 when I think about it, and the orchestra played "Gabriel's Oboe" from the movie "The Mission" and we were just crying. Hey, have you heard Rimsky-Korsakov's "Scheherazade Suite"? I love the oboe in the second movement.

Nicci_15

HSC
Uni Grad
I know someone who plays harp and she's doing it 4 her HSC

kit scara

Lyres Lair, just past the pink baloon tied to the
HSC
Though you probably shouldn't because I probably know her. Does she/did she learn from Diana Owen in Canberra? And does she have a pedal or a lever harp? And if she has a lever, is it a Guster?
...and the poor woman is pulverised by the barage or question and dies a poetic yet gory death. I'm sorry, Nikki me love. I see from your sig you got an insanely high UAI and are doing a really awesome degree at the Con... maybe I should have you killed by my evil legion of the night and steal those things too.. **shifty eyes then notices you looking at her funny** Umm.. I didn't say that outloud.. this is a dreeeeeaaaaam...

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i play nothing but i know of someone who plays a "euphonium" which is pretty weird sounding to me.

oh i used to play the harmonica, is that weird?

UzurOger

Almost Sexy Bastard
HSC
Well i play a instrument called a baglama which is kinda weird compared with these instruments.

see what i mean

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
UzurOger said:
Well i play a instrument called a baglama which is kinda weird compared with these instruments.

see what i mean
A girl in music 1 I knew used the baglama. What she played was absolutely beautiful!

How long have you been learning/playing?

oh, and the electric harp! hmmm... I might need to hassle you next semester when I'm back at uni. I might compose for it! It just got me so interested!

FolkMusicIsTops

HSC
i play 5-string and tenor banjo, mandolin, melodeon, Highland Bagpipe, Irish Bouzouki/cittern and hurdy-gurdy among others, does that qualify as unusual?
:spam:

Last edited:

Bexta12

HSC
I play the Euphonium...its kinda weird and unusual...im doing music 1 this yr

Blake R-H

HSC
Oooh, eupho! :D i love the sound of euphos :)

how long have you played? are you in any bands outside of school?

Bexta12

HSC
Blake R-H said:
Oooh, eupho! :D i love the sound of euphos :)

how long have you played? are you in any bands outside of school?
lol...im not a fan of it right now...im a bit over it...had my hsc prac this morn :S
I've been playing for about 10 yrs
Nah im not in any bands out of school, but im in all the possible ones at school
I plan on joining some uni bands nxt yr though!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)