Weird Weather on Exam day? (1 Viewer)

ShAzABoB

HSC
Nearly exam time... considering our strange sequence of weather reports lately and the unnaturally hot days where i personally felt sick and did not study much during... i was wondering... what if its like 38 degrees on exam days, you still have to do it right? and you're stuck in a hall with 200 others sweating and breathing away in an airconless confinement... would anything be done to make it a little easier to actually sit the exam instead of trying to prevent yourself from dehydrating? :confused:

SamTan*06*

All alone in a memory! I was beautiful theeeen....
HSC
We did our school certificate on a 40 degree day :-( 2 or 3 people had passed out, and another 5 were suffering from extreame heat exhaustion! The teachers couldn't do much because we share a hall with the school next door (the teachers also share a car park lol) and they had the hall booked every other day that week!! The worst part was, that it was hotter inside the hall, than it was out! o_0

I don't think that the teachers have much power to do much if its really hot, because doesn't the whole state have to do it on the same day? Or can we still use misadventure forms??

360flip

HSC
N/A
luckily i get to do mine in a airconditioned room but it should be nice and cold on the exam weeks!

ShAzABoB

HSC
:bomb: Ok... lets all pray there wont be such a day! ='(

T

Testpilot

I hope its like 40 degrees or some crazy weather cos i'd be used to it. Try studying upstairs in a room with no air conditioning (hot air rises) then sitting for hours with 100 watt light like 20cm above my head. Now that is fun.

Boots Riley

HSC
Testpilot said:
I hope its like 40 degrees or some crazy weather cos i'd be used to it. Try studying upstairs in a room with no air conditioning (hot air rises) then sitting for hours with 100 watt light like 20cm above my head. Now that is fun.

It's your choice to study there?

And I hope Friday is like today, beautiful! I love overcast, rainy days. :)

T

Testpilot

No i don't enjoy studying there, but study has to happen somewhere...

Boots Riley said:
And I hope Friday is like today, beautiful! I love overcast, rainy days.
Emo

Last edited by a moderator:

ShAzABoB

HSC
Boots Riley said:
It's your choice to study there?

And I hope Friday is like today, beautiful! I love overcast, rainy days. :)
It would be nice if the weathers like today... anything but a 30+ degree day would be great

Datto120

HSC
You are allowed water in the exam room so i suggest everyone takes a bottle even if its cold. Sometimes when your stuck on a question you wouldnt believe how taking a sip of water can help relax and get back to it.

If it is hot i also suggest you take a mini thermometre. If it goes to excess of 38 degrees your whole class should be able to submit misadventure forms due to extreme heat. show this to the head person overseeing your exams. I will be doing the same our hall at school suks when its hot its boiling and when its cold its freezing. We really should get to do our exams in the library. Its not far that sum skools get stuck with rocky table and sever hot/cold and others get air con and stuff

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
I think the perfect weather for an exam would be today's. It's cold but not too cold. If I had to choose one over the other, I'd defintiely choose cold weather, because it keeps you awake, as opposed to hot weather that makes you slow and drowsy.

ShAzABoB

HSC
Datto120 said:
Its not far that sum skools get stuck with rocky table and sever hot/cold and others get air con and stuff
so true... which sucks cos my schools one of the dodgy ones :mad1:

footychic3

HSC
I have no idea what the hall is gonna be like that we are doing our exams in, we have to go to a totally different school cause we don't have a hall, as if the HSC isn't enough stress let alone having to do it with a bunch of kids we don't know at their school

michaeln36

HSC
i dont mind if it gets real hot..

its the cold days that scare me the most -- hard to write real fast for english exams when my hands are all cold :(

*Ninny-mole*

The Power Is Yours...
HSC
I don't know what weather I would prefer. Probably the cold???
Our hall is pretty good but it doesn't have air-con, and I get really uncomfortable when I'm hot and sweaty. I also get very drowsy.
But I hate going into an exam with frozen hands and when they turn the heaters on, it makes me so warm I could sleep forever. But then again, the loud rumbley noise of the heaters does cover up the scratching of everyone else's pens, and the silence of my own...

ShAzABoB

HSC
michaeln36 said:
i dont mind if it gets real hot..

its the cold days that scare me the most -- hard to write real fast for english exams when my hands are all cold :(
get a small water bottle like hand warmer :) i used one for my trials. do you think we're allowed to bring it in if we had one? lol.

oh and good news! the weather report today says 28 degrees on Friday but might be rain. lets hope it stays like that :)

ShAzABoB

HSC
not necessarily.... we'll only be there for 2 hours in the morning... still early... wont be all sticky and stuff i dont think...

Riviet

HSC
N/A
ShAzABoB said:
do you think we're allowed to bring it in if we had one? lol.
We're allowed to bring in a bottle of water, but the label has to be peeled off, ie completely transparent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)