Weird weightings for Trials?? (1 Viewer)

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
no like in our school we do 2 sets of trials, so we do the CSSA trials and our own independent trials, so one would be 30% and the other 35%, but now they said we're only doing CSSA which is 60%
Oh what? That's... weird. We only have one set of trials

Great - now I'm questioning what's normal 😅

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
Oh I'm just dumb I think that's the nesa required weightings 😭 😭 😭 mb
nah it's not the required weightings, there are some tho, idk them off the top of my head, but its something like each assessment is minimum 15% and the max for one is 40%. ours was 20, 30, 20, 30 cause we had a half yearly which had two sections worth 30% instead of just one section like it sounds like most of you had

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
nah it's not the required weightings, there are some tho, idk them off the top of my head, but its something like each assessment is minimum 15% and the max for one is 40%. ours was 20, 30, 20, 30 cause we had a half yearly which had two sections worth 30% instead of just one section like it sounds like most of you had
Oh fair enough I guess

MJRey

HSC
So should you only memorise the structure as well as the quote and analysis parts of the essay and then mould the rest of it in relation to the question?
I'd say memorise quotes and analysis. You can memorise the structure if you like, but on the exam day you might find your structure changes depending on how you think you can best answer the question. Just go in with an open mind and you shouldn't run into any trouble.

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
I'd say memorise quotes and analysis. You can memorise the structure if you like, but on the exam day you might find your structure changes depending on how you think you can best answer the question. Just go in with an open mind and you shouldn't run into any trouble.
Ngl that's easier said than done - I get worried that I'll mix up my analysis or have the wrong quotes prepared...

carrotsss

HSC
Here’s the full requirements:
- A maximum of four assessment tasks
- The minimum weighting for any individual task is 10%
- The maximum weighting for any individual task is 40%
- Only one task may be a formal written task with a maximum weighting of 30%
- Module C: Craft of Writing must be assessed with a total weighting of 25%
- One task must be a multimodal presentation requiring students to demonstrate their knowledge, understanding and skills across a range of modes
- Assessment of the common module must integrate student selected related material

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
Here’s the full requirements:
- A maximum of four assessment tasks
- The minimum weighting for any individual task is 10%
- The maximum weighting for any individual task is 40%
- Only one task may be a formal written task with a maximum weighting of 30%
- Module C: Craft of Writing must be assessed with a total weighting of 25%
- One task must be a multimodal presentation requiring students to demonstrate their knowledge, understanding and skills across a range of modes
- Assessment of the common module must integrate student selected related material
Nesa shmesa

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
Is anyone else's school doing this?
Guys I'm starting to worry - I did some cheeky calculations in the shower (as you do), and:

In terms of all this weighting for internals...

My Mod B is worth half my trials
My Mod A and C are both worth one sixth each
My Paper 1 Sec1 and Common Mod are both worth one twelfth each

Yet everything is out of their regular marks (out of 20 per mod, I think?)

Wtf.

carrotsss

HSC
Guys I'm starting to worry - I did some cheeky calculations in the shower (as you do), and:

In terms of all this weighting for internals...

My Mod B is worth half my trials
My Mod A and C are both worth one sixteenth each
My Paper 1 Sec1 and Common Mod are both worth one twelfth each

Yet everything is out of their regular marks (out of 20 per mod, I think?)

Wtf.
that sucks

MJRey

HSC
Ngl that's easier said than done - I get worried that I'll mix up my analysis or have the wrong quotes prepared...
The analysis is derived from the quotes, so I don't see how you could mix them up. And you need to use the strongest, most important quotes in whatever your text is so you can adapt them for whatever your arguments going to be. I did this and ended up with a band 6.

nsw..wollongong

HSC
The analysis is derived from the quotes, so I don't see how you could mix them up. And you need to use the strongest, most important quotes in whatever your text is so you can adapt them for whatever your arguments going to be. I did this and ended up with a band 6.
ngl tho sometimes i mix up my context of specific quotes so badly that my essay ends up mix-matched 💀

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
Congratulations on the band 6!

I'm just not the most confident person with writing - I fully understand what you're saying though. It's definitely something to work on for HSC, maybe a bit late for trials, but yeah, I see your point. Thanks

I guess I'll just stick with trying to memorise the quotes and analysis and see where it goes

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
ngl tho sometimes i mix up my context of specific quotes so badly that my essay ends up mix-matched 💀
Ready for this insane mod b eliot summary I literally just wrote two minutes ago?

Preludes: Physical decay of modern world caused by mechanisation and industrialisation
Prufrock: Paralysing uncertainty of modern man causes spiritual decay and inability to progress
Hollow Men: Lowest point of modern man (post WWI): trapped in purgatory, yet trying to search for greater meaning, unable to move forward without spirituality
Magi: Whilst not easy or comfortable, spiritual journey is ultimately rewarding and allows for a progression to a place of natural beauty

Bam ✨

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
Ready for this insane mod b summary I literally just wrote two minutes ago?

Preludes: Physical decay of modern world caused by mechanisation and industrialisation
Prufrock: Paralysing uncertainty of modern man causes spiritual decay and inability to progress
Hollow Men: Lowest point of modern man (post WWI): trapped in purgatory, yet trying to search for greater meaning, unable to move forward without spirituality
Magi: Whilst not easy or comfortable, spiritual journey is ultimately rewarding and allows for a progression to a place of natural beauty

Bam ✨
Now I really hope this is right 😨

nsw..wollongong

HSC
Ready for this insane mod b summary I literally just wrote two minutes ago?

Bam ✨
rhapsody?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)