weirdest food (1 Viewer)

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
CieL said:
Balut is a fully developed duck fetus.... I reckon it's about to hatch from the egg when they cook it..

I hate ox tongue.. it's too chewy and it stinks like shit.. actually it reminds me of camel breath..

Speaking of weird... I thought eating BBQ kangaroo meat was weird... I went to some national park and they told us that they're doing population control and they just shot down some kangaroo, BBQ'd it... then handed it to me on a cracker.. eating our fauna, yum.
yeah kangaroo meat is weird. it's so dark. it tastes ok but i dunno, there are some animals i just cant bring myself to eat on account of being cute/native/pets etc. unless i don't know what it is - and i always make a point to ask if it looks unfamiliar lol.

Stevo.

no more talk
HSC
Cow's tongue and pigeon, and only cause I didn't know. Love pig's blood jelly, though.

inasero

Reborn
HSC
hey steve long time

yeah pig's blood is good- i think there's alot of stigma with the foods in this thread but if you've grown up with it and don't know any other way i guess they won't seem so disgusting to you after all, at least from my personal experience. but then again i'm more open minded than alot of people and i'm pretty game to try most things (i tried the dog stew like 2 years ago when i still had dogs as pets, evil me) so it could just be me

went to a viet shop in melbourne they had pho (viet noodles) with beef pizzle- i'll leave it up to your imagination to guess what that is :p

CieL

HSC
inasero said:
went to a viet shop in melbourne they had pho (viet noodles) with beef pizzle- i'll leave it up to your imagination to guess what that is :p
lol yeah.. my ex went overseas once, and he went to a restaurant which served congee with "beef pizzle".. it was floating at the top, he nearly chucked up..

I wonder if I was in that situation............. would I eat it?

I was watching A Shot at Love with Tila Tequila [yeah trash show i know], and they made the contestants eat that, and the testicles.. that was fucking gross.. I wouldnt eat the balls for sure..

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
i'll try just about anything if it's offered but i've never eaten anything too freaky. probably the weirdest things i remember eating are

1. these filipino 'lollies' i don't know what they were called, they were like little pink discs and they tasted like epic fail. i nearly gagged.
Haw flakes? They're chinese i think (filipinos like them alot for some reason), but sif not like them they're awesome :p

CieL

HSC
goony said:
Haw flakes? They're chinese i think (filipinos like them alot for some reason), but sif not like them they're awesome :p
ahahah omg good guess... i forgot about haw flakes

They're mad tasting.. I used to get a little pack in my lunchbox lol

Stevo.

no more talk
HSC
I used to like them, alot with a few other Chinese snacks.

I've been fiending for congee with pig's blood jelly since it was mentioned in this thread. =\

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
goony said:
just google image searched it, that's it! lol

i don't know what's in them. i just remember them tasting like artificially sweetened rotting fish...it was a very bizarre experience :eek:

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
I was watching this show once that basically focused on the types of food that people in Mexico and Thailand eat. It was totally gross, like seriously who would find those fried, huge, black beetles, and scrambled red ant eggs tasty?

I was totally grossed out...some people were eating fried cockroaches, grasshoppers, and other insects that I've never seen/heard of in my life….I couldn't even watch the show to the end.

CieL

HSC
MaNiElla said:
I was watching this show once that basically focused on the types of food that people in Mexico and Thailand eat. It was totally gross, like seriously who would find those fried, huge, black beetles, and scrambled red ant eggs tasty?

I was totally grossed out...some people were eating fried cockroaches, grasshoppers, and other insects that I've never seen/heard of in my life….I couldn't even watch the show to the end.
Culture?

I'm sure they'd find our packaged, artificially manufactured/flavoured/enhanced/coloured/preserved/etc foods disgusting too.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
apparently fried cicadas are really really good. my friend just came back from china and was describing it. i want to try it now just for the novelty factor.

inasero

Reborn
HSC
how about the losers, from
japanesebugfights.com (courtesy of Stevo)

bassistx

HSC
And I thought my friend's favourite, peanut butter and beetroot sandwiches was gross...

bassistx

HSC
Brown sugar is just white sugar with a tablespoon of molasses. It's still bleached.
Try raw :)

Bainesy

HSC
brown sugar to me feels like white sugar but someone dropped it on the ground. and they just used it anyway

and i dont like raw things mostly. raw carrots are alright but raw apples taste wierd, especially from coles. woollies apples are ok

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)