#welcome #general-chat (1 Viewer)

yanujw

HSC
Just finished SOR II accel. found it an enjoyable course.
Remember doing 12 units also gives you a buffer for other subjects that wont count
They're doing 14 units, and will be continuing with 12 units if they drop. And I mean, 4u eng, 3u maths and 2 (well, 2.5) sciences isn't going to help either.

Saint Dev

HSC
Mathematics Extension 2, Mathematics Extension 1, English Extension1, Science Extension, Physics, Chemistry, English Advanced and Studies of Religion II.
That's absolutely insane. If it was me, I would be cutting down more than just Studies of Religion II! I'm currently on 11 units and considering dropping another 2 unit subject! I've counted 16 units, which unless you are doing nothing outside of the classroom, is going to be ridiculously hard to maintain that workload.

hibaxx

HSC
Made a weekly study schedule with tasks that are achievable to complete within a week and currently powering through that
What were you thinking of studying for in the holidays?

Etho_x

HSC
N/A
What were you thinking of studying for in the holidays?
There's quite a bit I'm planning to get done but I'll kinda summarize it here:

Finish Integration or anything integration based for 2U, 3U, and 4U math (not really to get ahead but need it for my science extension project)
Finish Mod 6 chem and mod 7 chem
Need to find a way to not hate english (screw english) and somehow read my prescribed text for Mod B and do activities I've been given for Mod C.
Need to do vectors for 4u math
Bits and pieces of biology stuff
Working on my science extension research project

That's pretty much my whole holidays in a nutshell thank you for listening to my ted talk

idkkdi

HSC
There's quite a bit I'm planning to get done but I'll kinda summarize it here:

Finish Integration or anything integration based for 2U, 3U, and 4U math (not really to get ahead but need it for my science extension project)
Finish Mod 6 chem and mod 7 chem
Need to find a way to not hate english (screw english) and somehow read my prescribed text for Mod B and do activities I've been given for Mod C.
Need to do vectors for 4u math
Bits and pieces of biology stuff
Working on my science extension research project

That's pretty much my whole holidays in a nutshell thank you for listening to my ted talk
when you say finish, are we talking like exam standard finishing/doing book questions/or just notes?

Etho_x

HSC
N/A
when you say finish, are we talking like exam standard finishing/doing book questions/or just notes?
Mostly notes and having a foundational understanding of the concepts so when I get back to school I can ask any questions when needed and use the lessons to ensure I understand what I've self-taught myself, except for math which I guess is all questions

Etho_x

HSC
N/A
Kinda just forgot to add on I’ll also be studying things which I need to work on either because I didn’t perform well in my exams in those areas or otherwise (e.g. Combinatorics because i fkn hate perms and combs)

hibaxx

HSC
Mostly notes and having a foundational understanding of the concepts so when I get back to school I can ask any questions when needed and use the lessons to ensure I understand what I've self-taught myself, except for math which I guess is all questions
quick question for bio, how many words/pages do you think is appropriate for mod 5 notes?

Etho_x

HSC
N/A
quick question for bio, how many words/pages do you think is appropriate for mod 5 notes?
Depends on your font size and how much information you really want to include, you don’t want your notes ending up like a second textbook which is I guess already something to keep in mind considering bio textbooks tend to contain unnecessary info and some will even contradict each other in terms of particular concepts and the info provided. For me I managed to write mod 5 currently in 11 pages and I’m still going since I have to finish my mod 5 notes. Sorry probably not the best answer hahaha

fridgmagnet

HSC
how is everyone using the holidays to study?
bought a calendar and decided to ACTUALLY use it. I’ve planned a timetable for completing holiday homework and I’ve planned on doing revision for the prelim content in maths adv. :/ also need to finish majority of my multimedia major lol , these holidays sound rlly fun ik

idkkdi

HSC
bought a calendar and decided to ACTUALLY use it. I’ve planned a timetable for completing holiday homework and I’ve planned on doing revision for the prelim content in maths adv. :/ also need to finish majority of my multimedia major lol , these holidays sound rlly fun ik
imagine having the pleasure to do maths advanced questions. actually kinda fun ngl. boosts my ego.

Etho_x

HSC
N/A
That sounds pretty dope though I can’t even use a daily calendar as it just doesn’t work for me so I already envy you

fridgmagnet

HSC
imagine having the pleasure to do maths advanced questions. actually kinda fun ngl. boosts my ego.
LMAO and here I am struggling with it. I definitely do not favour maths. Do u do 3U or 4U??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)