Welcome new unsw asb students! (1 Viewer)

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
As the title says, welcome to all of you guys who have been offered and accepted enrolment in the Australian School of Business.

As a 4th year Com/Eco student, it's great to see the enthusiasm that you first years bring to university each year. I recommend that you try and get as much as you can out of first year because the novelty of being a uni student will wear off sooner or later.

The course structure for the 2010 cohort has changed as well so many of your questions may simply be answered by experiencing how it will all work this year for yourself.

As it goes with university, nobody cares who you are and what you do there except yourself. Independence is necessary and its something you 'will' learn as you persue your studies.

Enjoy O-Week (it'll be good as usual), make friends, find a balance in your newly changed lives and take things as they come.

The first few weeks of university will be daunting in a way but the onus is on you to establish yourself (or not) in a way that will make you comfortable there.

Otherwise, have a search through all the threads here on BOS for some background info about UNSW and enjoy the rest of your holidays.

:)

Last edited:

vivien023

HSC
hey..
i have a question, i am doing comm/arts starting this year and when enrolling in classes is it compulsory to enrol in all the 4 core courses in semester 1?

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
hey..
i have a question, i am doing comm/arts starting this year and when enrolling in classes is it compulsory to enrol in all the 4 core courses in semester 1?
No, its not.

But how your university courses work is that essentially, there are prerequisites for higher level courses that obviously must be satisfied before you can do them.

So basically, you need to get your core courses done first before you can do your 2nd-5th year courses.

robb3d

HSC
That an if you "underload", you'll have to make up for those missing units of credits by either extending your degree or taking up summer school.

jjr117

HSC
What do you use in lectures? Pen and paper or laptops?

And, how do you exactly study for commerce? I heard doing past papers don't help...

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
What do you use in lectures? Pen and paper or laptops?

And, how do you exactly study for commerce? I heard doing past papers don't help...
In lectures, both is fine. Laptops can be a distraction though.

Study by doing practice questions if possible. Past papers can give an indication of what you might get in an exam, but in university, an 'indication' is all you're gonna get.

Jcc Lin

HSC
In lectures, both is fine. Laptops can be a distraction though.

Study by doing practice questions if possible. Past papers can give an indication of what you might get in an exam, but in university, an 'indication' is all you're gonna get.
do majority of ppl use laptops or pen n paper?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)