Welcome! The Class of 2004 (1 Viewer)

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Welcome to the Society and Culture forum!

I am the new moderator for this forum and I wish the Class of 2004 Society and Culture the very best of luck!

Ask me questions concerning Society and Culture and I'll try and answer them to the best of my ability.

To the Class of 2003, please post your notes and essays to the BOS. Thank you.

Survivor39
Class of 2003 Society and Culture

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Weekly Tips on How to approach Society and Culture:

1. Start your Personal Interest Project now! It will take a long time to accomplish. So make sure you do well at it to place less pressure on your exam performance.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
2. Is your PIP topic specific? Your research must be specific to get a high mark. Just gloss over the areas will not get you a great mark. for example, How has televison influence teenagers, which is fine, but there are over hundreds of TV shows on air. You must then choose ONE or two show to focus on.

For example, How has The Simpsons influence MORAL and ATTITUDE in teenagers.

3. For the Society and culture Half yearly/Trial/HSC Exams, utilise your time efficiently because you only have 2 hours. I recommand the length of your TWO eassays be 4 to 6 pages. (HSC generic booklet).
There is no use writing 8 or 10 pages if the information you provide is irrelevant! (which most of them are). For example, my friend wrote 10 pages for both of his essays in the HSC Exam (due to the fact that he didn't know there is extended responses in Section I). He received a mark of 70. So remeber - Quality, not quantity!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)