Well this week sucked.... (1 Viewer)

aaaaaaaaaaaaaa

HSC
OK heres the story, I need a UAI of 90+ to get into the courses I am interesting in at UNI lest I be forced to do some "pathway" into UNI
BUT
just like every other year I planned to do the assignments weeks in advance, have them double checked and then submit without stress....yea right!
This week the fact that I am doing the HSC has really hit me hard. Assessments for EVERY subject.
Anyway I got a 17/20 for English Advanced; with a 15% weighting
18/25 for legal Studies; 20% Weighting
and 14/20 for Economics; 15% weighting
Needless to say I am not too pleased with these results especially as I aced economics completely in the Prelim year

Anyhow to get to the question; Does anyone out there know if with these sought of marks at the start and alot of hard work from now on I could still get 90+ UAI. I understand it is all about how everyone else does but if anyone can enlighten me even slighlty or direct me to some other forum area where previous year 12 students can possibly help I would much appreciate it.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
The first term is not even over yet it really isn’t' time to worry about UAI just yet, think more about your assessments and how you are going in school rather then worry about what your final marks will be. There is plenty of time to worry about that after the trials, during the HSC and following the HSC.

Also another point to understand you may have 'aced' preliminary economics but you also have to understand everyone usually kicks it up a notch for HSC year realising not only will this be their final year of school but also that every mark counts so students that haven't tried as hard usually will be putting their best foot forward.

Many of the 06ers can vouch that there first term of HSC didn't go as well as they had hoped. However there are still the really big assessments including the half yearlies and trials which have a substantial influence on your final assessment mark So my advice try not to worry to much, get yourself organise and learn to have a balanced life.

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
Kid.@dmin said:
The first term is not even over yet it really isn’t' time to worry about UAI just yet, think more about your assessments and how you are going in school rather then worry about what your final marks will be. There is plenty of time to worry about that after the trials, during the HSC and following the HSC.

Also another point to understand you may have 'aced' preliminary economics but you also have to understand everyone usually kicks it up a notch for HSC year realising not only will this be their final year of school but also that every mark counts so students that haven't tried as hard usually will be putting their best foot forward.

Many of the 06ers can vouch that there first term of HSC didn't go as well as they had hoped. However there are still the really big assessments including the half yearlies and trials which have a substantial influence on your final assessment mark So my advice try not to worry to much, get yourself organise and learn to have a balanced life.
You always dish out the best advice, Kid@min. :)

So far, the first term for me isn't going so well because as you've mentioned. Every has kicked it up a notch and I don't I've reached the right gear yet. I've certainly tried a bit harder than last year but whereas last year, I could've easily taken the top spots, it's not so simple now.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Don't stress mate, you've got the whole year ahead of you yet. Those marks aren't bad either; I can see why you're maybe a bit worried but at this stage 90+ is still definitely achieveable! Lots of people do a little *meh* in their first term while they're still getting used to HSC standards and the increased workload. Don't worry; some people completely bomb out on their first few assessments and still manage to kill the HSC in the end.

dhampoet

HSC
N/A
what's is your rank?how is your mark compared with another student?

aaaaaaaaaaaaaa

HSC
Thanks kid@dmin and Cosmic,
That mustve helped cause now I am not feeling as stressed and am wondering why I was, one must wonder how it'll be when im ACTUALLY about to do my HSC; now I can finish off my study for Ancient History exam on monday!!!

*chrissie*

HSC
hey, you'll be fine. im sure u can get 90+ if you put ur mind to it. anyway, 15 % weightings just 7.5 % of ur actual mark/ hsc thing... however it works. and your rank will have an effect - v. true. also, how ur schooled is scaled against everyone elses will also have an impact.

also, although i dont do eco, apparently the course changes alot and the focus is totally shifted - like from numbers/fact based to more analytical and essay based or something... just remember that all your courses will change slightly though and dont stress too much . it wont help you in the long run. well good luck, get off the forums, start studying and go ace that test!

HSC
don't worry, as long as u rank well, then the rest doesn't really matter

hold ur head up, if u tried ur best, u have nothing to be ashamed of

if u didn't, then u must try harder next time

when it comes down to the hsc, the question always is about hunger

how much do u want to ace it?

good luck

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
dont worry too much about bombing out on a few assessments.

my mid-year rank in english was about 40/72 after barely passing the first two assessments. put in a little bit more work (i didnt start studying 24/7, just put a few more hours into each assessment) and managed to get some pretty high rankings in all the other assessments and managed to get a 7/72 by the end.

while having some good assessment marks at the start of year 12 can come in handy later on, they wont have a major impact on your UAI unless you have a very high and very specific goal you want to acheive. remember, youre only competing with other students, and most of those students tend to be humans.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Kill people with higher marks than you. Less competition will push your UAI up.

:)

IceOnFire

HSC
mr_brightside said:
Kill people with higher marks than you. Less competition will push your UAI up.

:)
You've got killing instincts eh?

It's not a bad idea though... the question now is HOW?

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
My chem teacher taught us how to kill our parents a while ago. A lethal injection of air while they're sleeping.

Or you can just go with the traditional bang with the gun.

lol, no.

IceOnFire

HSC
m0ofin said:
My chem teacher taught us how to kill our parents a while ago. A lethal injection of air while they're sleeping.

Or you can just go with the traditional bang with the gun.

lol, no.
A lethal injection of air?? Lols right...

Well since this week has sucked for aaaaaaaaaaaa.... the week after next week will surely suck me. And the week after that.. AND the week after that.

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
m0ofin said:
Yes, with air.

He assured us it worked.
That can be done. Anyone that wants to know how that can kill a person, PM me :p Terms and Conditions apply, person may not actually die, but rather kill you before you try to. Kids under 18 must ask a parent or legal guardian before they start on the course. I don't condone this activity.

Last edited:

pinkly

Hands are handy.
HSC
ever wondered why the nurses and doctors always flick their fingernails against the syringe? if they didn't, you would infinitely die :rofl:
Bizarremag said:

What happens when you inject air into your bloodstream? Will you definitely die, no matter how little air goes in? Can this be detected in an autopsy?

Chris Smith: The consequences depend on where you inject the air. If it goes into an artery then the bubbles will be carried with the blood and lodge in the tissues supplied by that artery, causing damage and pain. If you inject the air into a vein, it is carried to the heart and lungs where it can obstruct blood flow and cause heart failure.

Small amounts of air (10ml) are of no consequence as they dissolve naturally in the blood. Larger amounts of air (200ml or so) injected into a vein will kill. Sometimes this method is used in murder and is difficult to detect at post-mortem unless the body is X-rayed before being cut up in which case bubbles of air in the heart and lungs will show up clearly. Death by this means occurs rapidly and, paradoxically, the victim usually gasps for air and feels like they cannot catch their breath.

Last edited:

phatic

HSC
pinkly said:
...and blowing forcefully into the vagina during oral sex has (very rarely) been linked to fatal air locks in blood vessels.
o_O

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)