Were they trying to be funny or something (1 Viewer)

bb11

HSC
Barriers to protective equipment?

Ethical issues with medicine?

WTF?

bridgett

betty's bitch
HSC
barriers were easy ... the ethical one was stupid

bb11

HSC
Barriers easy??? Did we ever learn anything close to this? All i did is talk crap on the options

sandrakanan

the options were really tricky .. for barriers its things like costs, attitudes and discomfort and with ethical one i think it was playing with an injury and pressure from coaches, team mates and sponsors but 15 marks was ridiculus .. i learnt 25 pages of notes for sports medicine and needed 2 paragraphs .. ridiculus

bridgett

betty's bitch
HSC
yeah thats what i did for ethical but it was too gay .. yes barriers was easy ... u could hav even talked bout how soft tissue injuries such as strains, sprains, calluses and blisters could still occur

kemp05

HSC
man, i did for barriers
- Cultural restrictions, e.g Helmets with muslim head scarf
- Costs
- Access to equipment e.g Rural access to shoulder pads! lol, i had nothin else
- the 'cool' factor

anita_wax

tehnaz
HSC
bb11 said:
Barriers easy??? Did we ever learn anything close to this? All i did is talk crap on the options
i learnt about barriers its easy, just it slows down peformance (ie. helmets in bike racing, lots of protection on goalie keepers) and eyesight gets blocked. thats all i could remember

HarrioT_smurf

kemp05 said:
man, i did for barriers
- Cultural restrictions, e.g Helmets with muslim head scarf
- Costs
- Access to equipment e.g Rural access to shoulder pads! lol, i had nothin else
- the 'cool' factor
ROFL ROFL ROFL i cant believe u did that cultural thing with muslims head scarf and helmets using baseball as an example?(i couldent think of another sport with helmets at the time), i wrote the exact same thing out of desperation, more than likely wrong but hey, atleast i wrote something also wrote about age/gender a social views, i literally had nothing lol.

hsvd_g

Grease Monkey
HSC
sports med and improving performance i was screamin to get 3 pages done on each..

johnny_87

HSC
We did NOTHING on barriers to wearing protective equipment. I spoke about:

1) Financial constraints on the participant
2) Lack of funding from the govt to provide the sporting organisation with sufficient funds for protective equipment
3) Its condition - whether it was well-maintained or not.
4) It's effect on the player - Limiting movement

Seriously, that was the dodgiest PDHPE exam I've ever done. Hoping for a raw mark of 75+ (80+ would be nice)

Last edited:

DeanM

HSC
yea same hsv.. i was thinking so hard what the write.. in the end i think i refered to core2.. hahaha oh well...
that stupid ethical SM ARRRGHHH.. can someone direct me to the point in the syallbus which say we have to know about ethical issues with regard to injury management ? i didnt know what we were suppost to talk about...

johnny_87

HSC
Dean M - the points were:

> Playing with injury
- pressure to participate
- role of the coach and sports medicine practitioner

> Use of drugs
- for strength
- for aerobic performance
- to mask other drugs
- drug testing

If you read the right side, where it says "students learn to:", you will see that they raise ethical issues.

Looking at that, I can see I didn't mention painkillers (probably would have had I used them to compete!)

llluullaaa

HSC
N/A
But "Injury Management" is under a completely different question to the ethical questions etc, that's what threw me... like "returning to play" or something along those lines would have been more relevant??
And the ethical question dotpoints/dashpoints dont even mention injury management! aaaah hate pd!!!

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
1) Financial constraints on the participant
2) Lack of funding from the govt to provide the sporting organisation with sufficient funds for protective equipment
3) Its condition - whether it was well-maintained or not.
4) It's effect on the player - Limiting movement
5) Cultural issues. (people from certain religions may have objections to wearing various safety equipment.)
6) Physical issues (i.e. bodily condition which makes standard safety equipment redundant).
7) Look of the equipment - Some people (particulary teens) may not wish to wear equipment which is seen as being 'unattractive'.

We win.

alycejane

well im glad everyone who did sports med and improving performance thought the questions were pretty hard.
i was pretty off it
but never want to think about it again.

MCOLT

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
5) Cultural issues. (people from certain religions may have objections to wearing various safety equipment.)
6) Physical issues (i.e. bodily condition which makes standard safety equipment redundant).
7) Look of the equipment - Some people (particulary teens) may not wish to wear equipment which is seen as being 'unattractive'.

We win.
i reckon you took it too far, if you look in ure book protective equipment has 3 parts apparel headgear and shit, playing surface, and playing equipment i just wrote how environment, funding, and mobility can all affect these 3 forms of protective equipment

johnny_87

HSC
Sandrakanan - When an athlete tears a muscle, taking anabolic steroids or human growth hormone helps the muscle to repair quicker. Diuretics also fits in, as it acts as a masking agent for drugs (such as steroids). It causes the athlete to urinate more, thus diluting the concentration of drugs present in urine

Last edited:

Densuki

eXpress Yourself
HSC
johnny_87 said:
Sandrakanan - When an athlete tears a muscle, taking anabolic steroids or human growth hormone helps the muscle to repair quicker. Diuretics also fits in, as it acts as a masking agent for drugs (such as steroids). It causes the athlete to urinate more, thus diluting the concentration of drugs present in urine
true, although i wrote about it aswell, it was not withing sylb scope
we only learnt about how it improved perforamnce, not injury management
so depending how they mark it, i rkcn HGH, EPO n such we b regarded as bullshit..

johnny_87

HSC
Well when it's a 15 mark answer, they aren't asking for one syllabus dot point. It's a combination of TWO or THREE (usually TWO)

Have a look at the syllabus. There's a question in bold

"What ethical questions are raised by the increased use of sports medicine?"

These are the TWO dot points:

> Playing with injury
- pressure to participate
- role of the coach and sports medicine practitioner

> Use of drugs
- for strength
- for aerobic performance
- to mask other drugs
- drug testing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)