Western Sydney uni or Australian catholic uni? (1 Viewer)

HSC
I got two offers from both to study biomedical science, but I’m not sure which to accept. Both are equally ish easy to get to. Any help or experiences would be appreciated!

HSC
I'm not sure about the degree itself and in which uni the quality of study is better, but maybe take into consideration commute and social life (are any of your friends going there?)

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Congratulations on your offers! In principle, both universities will allow you to gain a suitable education in the field that you are pursuing, leading to a degree and subsequently a career in the relevant industry.

However, answering your question may require a more in-depth analysis of both programs, allowing you to make a more informed decision regarding which university to attend.

Western Sydney University:

I assume that by biomedical science, you are referring to the Bachelor of Medical Science (Biomedical Science). As far as I'm aware, WSU has a good emphasis on the content (theoretical and practical) of its degrees entailing science, medicine and nursing. This may potentially lead to gaining an education of a higher standard/quality than that offered at ACU, allowing you to further expand your knowledge and skillset, which could subsequently prove to be beneficial in the real world. However, this comes at a higher ATAR requirement, which is something that you may wish to consider.

In terms of experiences, I have a friend who will be commencing his third year of this degree soon. His experience has so far been positive and he looks forward to achieving good results and finally graduating.

Australian Catholic University:

Ease of entry is something that you may wish to consider. For instance, the ATAR requirement for ACU's Bachelor of Biomedical Science is significantly lower than the ATAR required by its WSU counterpart, making it easier to gain admission into this program.

Additionally, ACU offers a 1-year Honours component that can be completed following the completion of its Bachelor of Biomedical Science, resulting in this degree becoming the Bachelor of Biomedical Science (Honours). If further research into your field of study is something that you feel you are interested in, this is something that you may wish to consider.

I hope this helps! :D

HSC
Congratulations on your offers! In principle, both universities will allow you to gain a suitable education in the field that you are pursuing, leading to a degree and subsequently a career in the relevant industry.

However, answering your question may require a more in-depth analysis of both programs, allowing you to make a more informed decision regarding which university to attend.

Western Sydney University:

I assume that by biomedical science, you are referring to the Bachelor of Medical Science (Biomedical Science). As far as I'm aware, WSU has a good emphasis on the content (theoretical and practical) of its degrees entailing science, medicine and nursing. This may potentially lead to gaining an education of a higher standard/quality than that offered at ACU, allowing you to further expand your knowledge and skillset, which could subsequently prove to be beneficial in the real world. However, this comes at a higher ATAR requirement, which is something that you may wish to consider.

In terms of experiences, I have a friend who will be commencing his third year of this degree soon. His experience has so far been positive and he looks forward to achieving good results and finally graduating.

Australian Catholic University:

Ease of entry is something that you may wish to consider. For instance, the ATAR requirement for ACU's Bachelor of Biomedical Science is significantly lower than the ATAR required by its WSU counterpart, making it easier to gain admission into this program.

Additionally, ACU offers a 1-year Honours component that can be completed following the completion of its Bachelor of Biomedical Science, resulting in this degree becoming the Bachelor of Biomedical Science (Honours). If further research into your field of study is something that you feel you are interested in, this is something that you may wish to consider.

I hope this helps! :D
Thanks for the detail! I’ve actually received offers from both universities for both courses. (Yes I did mean medical science (biomedical) for wsu. From what I’m hearing I should accept wsu due to its higher standard compare to acu? Also what sort of career is your friend completing the course at western syd uni going to peruse? Thanks

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks for the detail! I’ve actually recenived offers from both universities for both courses. (Yes I did mean medical science (biomedical) for wsu. From what I’m hearing I should accept wsu due to its higher standard compare to acu? Also what sort of career is your friend completing the course at western syd uni going to peruse? Thanks
No worries! If you don't feel that further research is something of interest, as seen in the Honours component that ACU allows you to complete, then I would probably suggest attending WSU due to the emphasis I covered above.

My friend intends to pursue either a pharmaceutical career or a career in forensic science. I will also note that he intends to pursue further study, i.e. undertake one of two possible postgraduate programs:
  • Master of Forensic Science at WSU
  • Master of Pharmacy at USyd

HSC
No worries! If you don't feel that further research is something of interest, as seen in the Honours component that ACU allows you to complete, then I would probably suggest attending WSU due to the emphasis I covered above.

My friend intends to pursue either a pharmaceutical career or a career in forensic science. I will also note that he intends to pursue further study, i.e. undertake one of two possible postgraduate programs:
  • Master of Forensic Science at WSU
  • Master of Pharmacy at USyd
Okay thank you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)