What a transcript looks like (Pics) (1 Viewer)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Since this is one of the most common queries on this site, I've scanned my transcript. As you can see, you don't get the WAM/GPA or your majors taken. You do, however, get a list of all your prizes, but as far as I know, not your scholarships. This should also help clarify what happens to your transcript when you transfer degrees.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
stanislav madiorski

HSC
Gah- I was hoping if I managed to transfer that my pass for stats wouldn't be shown on my transcript :/ I guess you can't hide anything from your academic past :p

jas0nt

HSC
N/A
Monstar said:
nice signature..
don't mock it, i bet he could sign it in a tenth of the time us suckers take to sign ours.

soopacow

Igloo?
HSC
Hey, umm I was just wondering how come in 05 & 06, you did economics & social sciences, and then in 07, you're doing commerce (lib studies). Is that because you transferred this year? (Excuse me if I sound stupid...)

And what exactly is the difference between economics and commerce?

HSC
Thanks. I'd always wondered what a transcript looked like. I still think USYD's one looked sexier. Stazi=Stanislav? Wow you learn something new.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
soopacow said:
Hey, umm I was just wondering how come in 05 & 06, you did economics & social sciences, and then in 07, you're doing commerce (lib studies). Is that because you transferred this year? (Excuse me if I sound stupid...)

And what exactly is the difference between economics and commerce?
yep i transferred.

check out the difference between courses here:
http://www.econ.usyd.edu.au/1544.html

Some degrees are longer than others. In the case of Economics vs. Commerce, you must major in economics for the former, whilst the latter has more prescribed subjects that you have to do

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
stas, why did u hide ur marks, u like post them all the time

Volt

HSC
The University of Sydney transcripts don't even have course codes (e.g. ECON1001, etc.). How is somebody viewing one meant to know if a unit is a first year subject, a second year subject, etc.? (Since you may do first year subjects in second year, etc.)

It would also help to group subjects from the same disciplines/schools/etc. together, as well as validating your calculation of your WAM, since you would then have proof on the transcript that a subject is a first year subject, etc., and thus justify the used weightings, as it is not immediately obvious from many subjects' names. Hell the transcript should just include the WAM in itself, but that's another matter. All of this would make the transcripts much more informative in general.

How stupid/pathetic of the University.

Last edited:

Steth0scope

HSC
N/A
Volt said:
The University of Sydney transcripts don't even have course codes (e.g. ECON1001, etc.). How is somebody viewing one meant to know if a unit is a first year subject, a second year subject, etc.? (Since you may do first year subjects in second year, etc.)

It would also help to group subjects from the same disciplines/schools/etc. together, as well as validating your calculation of your WAM, since you would then have proof on the transcript that a subject is a first year subject, etc., and thus justify the used weightings, as it is not immediately obvious from many subjects' names. Hell the transcript should just include the WAM in itself, but that's another matter. All of this would make the transcripts much more informative in general.

How stupid/pathetic of the University.
Thats awesome if u go to usyd. Make up a bullshit WAM... go USYD!

Volt

HSC
Hey I just noticed that it says on the UNSW transcript that it's printed on polymer - the same stuff money's printed on! Much more modern, too, USyd's transcripts quite visibly come from some DOS-like/old system. Hell it's so primitive, the system does not even group subjects originating from the same degree together when you transfer and thus only list the originating degree once: No, it must list it for each and every subject separately, even if you have 18, 19, 20, ... subjects from the one degree! That's a waste of 17, 18, 19, ... lines!

politik's right, the UNSW one is a bit [read: a lot] sexier. USyd should come out of the bloody middle ages! While they're at it, they should scrap the current damn timetabling system, too.

Last edited:

el gwapo

HSC
jas0nt said:
don't mock it, i bet he could sign it in a tenth of the time us suckers take to sign ours.
Pft. He signs one thing then runs it in the scanner. I mean I would do that anyway.

The Usyd transcript is amazingly complex. The UNSW one is to the point.

Steth0scope

HSC
N/A
el gwapo said:
Pft. He signs one thing then runs it in the scanner. I mean I would do that anyway.

The Usyd transcript is amazingly complex. The UNSW one is to the point.
Just bcoz u go to unsw.

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
thanks stas. thank god they dont have GPA, my marks are shit, hopefully my prospective employer won't be able to do simple mathematical equations to find it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)