what are good universities for a commerce degree?? (1 Viewer)

tjhunt11

HSC
just wondering if there any good universities for a commerce degree?? i am currently looking at macquire or ANU just wondering if they were any good?? and what universities are you all looking at??

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
UNSW definitely has a reputation for commerce.

ANU seems to be better known for Economics and Macquarie for Actuarial Studies.

tjhunt11

HSC
yeah, i guess if you have to get an atar of +96 they would have a reputation haha,
so if i were to choose economics it would be best to go to ANU i think.

deterministic

HSC
Depends on your major:
Accounting -> then just go to any uni you like where you will be eligible for CA program on graduation. Thats all it matters in the end.
Finance -> UNSW
Actuarial Studies -> Mac for prestige, UNSW for flexibility (in case you find that actuarial is not for you)
Economics -> ANU or UNSW
Marketing/Other social science bs commerce majors -> no idea

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
At the end of the day, it doesn't matter where you go. What is important (in my opinion), is that you weigh up the pros and cons by doing your research, and checking with the faculties themselves, current uni student friends that you have, family, school advisors/teachers etc, and then making an informed decision.

At the end of the day, the uni that you go to will make little difference to how successful you are in life. It's sorta how people at Ruse can get an ATAR of 60, whereas people at schools with ranks in the 200s can get 99.95.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
At the end of the day, it doesn't matter where you go. What is important (in my opinion), is that you weigh up the pros and cons by doing your research, and checking with the faculties themselves, current uni student friends that you have, family, school advisors/teachers etc, and then making an informed decision.

At the end of the day, the uni that you go to will make little difference to how successful you are in life. It's sorta how people at Ruse can get an ATAR of 60, whereas people at schools with ranks in the 200s can get 99.95.
Out of interest, has that happened lol? =P

ochaguy

HSC
^ Yes. Yes it has. I'm close friends with them actually fyi.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)