• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What are my chances? (1 Viewer)

Dunzo

HSC
Hi all. :wave:

My first preference was Engo/Sci at UNSW. The UAI cut off for that was 88.something, not quite sure. Now, my UAI was 84.1, and realizing that even with my 1 bonus point I wouldn't quite make it I applied for FEAS. The interview went well, the guy was very friendly, seemed impressed and wished me the best of luck. I received an offer for my second preference in the Main round, but I would REALLY like to go to UNSW, so what do you reckon my chances are like for the Late round?

Thanks!

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
what politik is referring to is that you can pick similar subjects (maths, and other science courses) in Arts to that of engineering/science. Then you can transfer to Eng/Sci at the end of your first year.

Alternatively, have you consider enrolling in science, then transfer to eng/sci after 1 year? There is no difference.

Dunzo

HSC
Ah OK, thanks for clarifying. If I were to start a BA/BSc would I be able to tack on a BEng after the first year and still only be there for 5 years?

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Yes, if you pick everything in arts/sci that can be transferred to your eng/sci degree, so you are not "wasting" any units of credit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)