What are my chances (1 Viewer)

brad616

HSC
There is no such thing as an unrealistic goal- anything is possible if you put our mind to it. Commerce/Arts is NOT 98.00 it is 94.30 and the NRSL cut-off at Sydney is 89.60 and 91.00 at UNSW. Also, my GPA of 5.00 is equivilent to a selection rank of 90. With Special Consideration at UNSW I can get a maximum of up to 5 points extra allowing my selection rank to be > 91 and hence getting offered a place.
There is no such thing as an unrealistic goal! Anything is possible if you put your mind to it!
Honestly, your attempts to slide yourself into the double degree, considering your UAI and current GPA, are a bit unrealistic.

I might not get in but by trying my very best what have I got to loose?:sun:
But I will part Arts at Sydney down as Number 2 anyway.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
There is no such thing as an unrealistic goal- anything is possible if you put our mind to it. Commerce/Arts is NOT 98.00 it is 94.30 and the NRSL cut-off at Sydney is 89.60 and 91.00 at UNSW. Also, my GPA of 5.00 is equivilent to a selection rank of 90. With Special Consideration at UNSW I can get a maximum of up to 5 points extra allowing my selection rank to be > 91 and hence getting offered a place.
There is no such thing as an unrealistic goal! Anything is possible if you put your mind to it!
Honestly, your attempts to slide yourself into the double degree, considering your UAI and current GPA, are a bit unrealistic.

I might not get in but by trying my very best what have I got to loose?:sun:
Why are you looking for advice if you are so sure of your situation?

What was the point of the thread?

brad616

HSC
Not for advice but for assistance as they might have extra information about my situation which I might not.
I am also happy to transfer into Arts not Commerce/Arts and then if I maintain a credit/distinction avg transfer in 2011 but if I have a FAIL on my transcript from Semester 1 even tho I am being accessed 100% on ATAR/UAI equivilent then what?

brad616

HSC
I am also happy to transfer into Arts not Commerce/Arts and then if I maintain a credit/distinction avg transfer in 2011 but if I have a FAIL on my transcript from Semester 1 even tho I am being accessed 100% on ATAR/UAI equivilent then what?
For those who are just going to criticize... you dont HAVE to help me!

HSC
unsw EAS is 'upto 10 points' afaik i know friends got into commerce with 84 uai, my friend with 95 got into law good luck

brad616

HSC
Ok so its been revised now but Commerce/Arts is still my 1st preference at Sydney University and I am determined to do whatever it takes to get it. Do I have any chance at all???

hotdimsim

HSC
mate, on this page thus far there are 6 posts, 2 from other people and 4 from you. please stop triple posting, quoting yourself, adding questions later on. This isnt me having a go at you, its just easier for us to read and decipher what your asking. In fact i was surprised this thread got to 4 pages, and then i saw how many times you posted :S

brad616

HSC
mate, on this page thus far there are 6 posts, 2 from other people and 4 from you. please stop triple posting, quoting yourself, adding questions later on. This isnt me having a go at you, its just easier for us to read and decipher what your asking. In fact i was surprised this thread got to 4 pages, and then i saw how many times you posted :S
Sure but what are your thoughts on this matter anyway. Please be kind... it was my birthday yesterday!

brad616

HSC
Sure but what are your thoughts on this matter anyway. Please be kind... it was my birthday yesterday!
Why bother commenting if you are just going to criticise me. This is something that means the WORLD to me. Please put yourself in my shows for a SINGLE SECOND!!! :jaw::vcross::cold::pirate::shoot:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)