HSC IS EVIL
HSC
lol.. wats wrong with glassy.. did u get rejected at the entrance ? :rofl:

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
sando said:
I do agree though, never was much of a fan of the glassy.... I prefer Cooneys or the Nth Gong (Although I liked the old Nth Gong where you could come straight from the beach and be allowed in, not these days with that stupid cocktail bar and dress code).

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
yeh Coonies is alright because it has a heaps young crowd.. but the place is a bit seedy dont ya reckon ?

iPud

HSC
sando said:
Everything is wrong with glasshouse. :rofl: You crack me up.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Nth Gong has definitely deteriorated since the renovations. The best place in Wollongong used to be the old UOW Unibar, now that place rocked the socks off anything else in the area... but then they decided to build some fancy new 'architectually designed' bar with dangerous overheating bbqs and a stupid profit sharing agreement meaning prices rise every year due to who is on the unibar board.

zen444

HSC
Raiks said:
The best place in Wollongong used to be the old UOW Unibar. . . . but a stupid profit sharing agreement meaning prices rise every year due to who is on the unibar board.
Yeah! I dont have much time or money for going out now. It seems everything costs so much now... parking, movies, food, even the fines. Just about all my friends have a pt job just to be able to survive now. I am looking for a job too.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
zen444 said:
Yeah! I dont have much time or money for going out now. It seems everything costs so much now... parking, movies, food, even the fines. Just about all my friends have a pt job just to be able to survive now. I am looking for a job too.
I don't think you'll ever understand where I'm truly coming from until you witness over 5 years the price of your stock unibar meal rise from $4.80 to $7.20... and that's not including the drinks which is another $100 over the uni week.

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
they do have good food at the unibar though

kennychan222

HSC
Is it safe for UOW Accommodation?

My parents say UOW is not really safe. There are many "Thiefs" (Securities and students) around the University....I have no idea about that. As a result, they are so worried about me.

They also guess I will lose all Property within a month.

Doomah

HSC
kennychan222 said:

My parents say UOW is not really safe. There are many "Thiefs" (Securities and students) around the University....I have no idea about that. As a result, they are so worried about me.

dont worry there is always the chinese wannabe mafia gang around there that you can join:cool:

and yes Wollongong sux, no one goes there unless they are forced to. you should of went to sydney or uts or MQ.

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Doomah said:
dont worry there is always the chinese wannabe mafia gang around there that you can join:cool:

and yes Wollongong sux, no one goes there unless they are forced to. you should of went to sydney or uts or MQ.
Or they're from Wollongong and are too lazy (and too smart) to commute to Sydney everyday (and smart enough not to have to work a fulltime job while they go to uni, either :D).

Kebabci Oglu

Professional member
HSC
kennychan222 said:

Seriously is this a joke?? Post things which dont sound stupid next time, why dont u go to uow for a week and see if you get raped or whatever and then say that its unsafe.......so far i have had no problems at all. You arent the only one Kenny thats going to uow or uni for that matter, i think ur over excited about gettin into uni.

Last edited:

Doomah

HSC
poloktim said:
Or they're from Wollongong and are too lazy (and too smart) to commute to Sydney everyday (and smart enough not to have to work a fulltime job while they go to uni, either :D).
well local student have an excuse, any other students dont.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Doomah said:
well local student have an excuse, any other students dont.
I don't live in Wollongong but it still takes me less time to get to UOW than to any other uni.

lindak1990

HSC
your parents say UOW is not safe? everywhere is like that though its up to u to have the common sense. 40grand a year to board at melbourne grammer, and yet the boys still steal stuff. sharing accommodation. be realistic, ballarat grammer my friends have clothes go missing all the time, and it happens to ppl who lend or leave their stuff. so i wouldnt single out UOW for the reason of theift. i hear its in high demand and alot of ppl attend it, so im sure someone will take ur spot if ur not keen ;)
take care

happinin

HSC
what are people at uow like?
to be honest? snobs.
social scene in wollongong is shit. people are way too anti social here. the only real thing to do is hit the clubs and get pissed half the week.

picture a small town, thats overpopulated, shitty living costs, very few jobs, lots of junkies/assholes and a long dole queue. You dont wanna live here mate. this place is a shithole. back out while you can and try queensland or melbourne. trust me :)

EDIT: getting work in wollongong is very cutthroat especially for students. if you go to uni and have a proper job you are lucky. otherwise you are competing with tons of other people for low underpaid jobs.
think about it. people who hire in this town know there are a lot of people out there who practically stress their arses off to find a job because its rare. so they take advantage and give you the shittest pay possible.
compare just about any job here, to the same position up sydney way or anywhere north where there are more jobs. I guarantee you they pay shitloads more up north. too many tightasses in the gong. Too many businesses here also have illegal or unfair work practices so beware! they either pay you at a shit rate and pocket your penalty rates, or they try to scam you by giving young people "training shifts" and not paying them for it then dismissing them after they are no longer needed making an excuse saying they have enough staff. I wouldnt really bother with "work experience" it gets you nowhere.

get out while you still can! wollongong is a dead end shithole. there is no future for anyone in this town. RUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNN!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)