What are people's problem area's??? (1 Viewer)

defier

Just curious to know what people think the hardest topic or dot point covered in the HSC??? OMG there is so much crap to remember, I think its gonna have to be some late nighters to get all the info crammed into my puny sized brain. :D

lazychic

** hOnEy_mELdeW **
EVERYTHING!!!!!! hehehe :D

nah.. honestly i think the topic "ideas to implementation".. :rolleyes:

liz

HSC
Yeh i agree i reckon the hardest to remember is ideas to implementation.

Nelly

Yeah, same here. The hardest is Idea's To Implementation. Cuz the rest are all interesting. :p

quartic

Nah Ideas to implementation was interesting. I find space the worst cause it bores me to tears. Motors and generators was easy and Quanta to Quarks is alright but Space was just boring.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
I hated having to remember the contributions of past scientists to space - Tsiolkovsky et al.

And I could never quite remember all the features of the standard model (quarks etc), nor cyclotron info etc. Turned out we didn't need to know it anyway, but yeah.

kate

ideas to implementation was by far the most boring.. space was the most interesting i think..

spice girl

magic mirror
What I find hardest to accept is that you're being taught all this crap, and when you ask the teacher why this or that happens, the answer is always: "You're not required to know. It's not in the syllabus".

Why do they bother teaching us all this crap when we don't learn the theory behind it?

spice girl

magic mirror
They should change the name of this course:

something like "Physics and Society"

ben

Space is OK - just need to memorise certain stuff. really suck at all the maths questions.

Motors and Generators - it is just too boring, and i always get confused with these little things.

Ideas to Imp. is the easiest for me, because i understand most it and i think it is most interesting.

Quanta to Quarks - don't understand very well, it's boring, i can answer the "applications of" questions and other bluffy-crappy-english stuff only.

ben

Originally posted by Bon
The idea is that we get a broad range of everything, so they cram everything into the syllabus, but to do that, they have to sacrifice depth of understanding...
I agree - i think we should just do 2 or 3 topics really well. it's like with english, why do we have to add "supplementary" texts!! can't we just learn a text properly!

lazychic

** hOnEy_mELdeW **
becoz nothing was good on the line when i chose subjects in yr11 so i chose phy6.. i was goin to drop it when yr12 started..but my cuz and my friend was like no dont drop it.. u get scaled up blah blah blah...cos its a so-called hard subject so yeh (that was when we didn't know much abt the scaling etc..)
so yeh thats ma story... :D

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by Bon
The idea is that we get a broad range of everything, so they cram everything into the syllabus, but to do that, they have to sacrifice depth of understanding...
it appears that the BOS have acknowledged that they have crammed way too much into this damned syllabus, and they have cut stuff out of the syllabus for the 2004 HSC
there's details in that new HSC newsletter

but I reckon the topics are alrite, except Quanta to Quarks, as its essentially a lesson in history, bar the radioactive decay work
the bad thing for me is that i cant get my head around important concepts, hence crap marks..

ben

Originally posted by lazychic
becoz nothing was good on the line when i chose subjects in yr11 so i chose phy6.. i was goin to drop it when yr12 started..but my cuz and my friend was like no dont drop it.. u get scaled up blah blah blah...cos its a so-called hard subject so yeh (that was when we didn't know much abt the scaling etc..)
so yeh thats ma story... :D
I was going to drop it because I do 12 units. But then for my estimated UAI mark physics was counted instead of Ancient History!! Which was a big shock because I put no work in physics but did in history. So yeah, damn, I kept physics.

lazychic

** hOnEy_mELdeW **
Originally posted by ben

I was going to drop it because I do 12 units. But then for my estimated UAI mark physics was counted instead of Ancient History!! Which was a big shock because I put no work in physics but did in history. So yeah, damn, I kept physics.
yeh i do 12units too.. but i guess phy6 was alrite when i had my old teacher.. now we got this new teacher.. he's like... :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)