What are seminars? (1 Viewer)

tyni

HSC
University is so random. For all my subjects in First Semester, I had a tute and lecture, on separate days. Now, for one of my subjects this semester, I have a seminar drom 11-1, then a lecture from 12-1. I've heard that seminar's are a hybrid between a lecture and tute, but can someone please elaborate? And why do they go for two hours?

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
Re: What are seminar's?

Seminars can be like a mix of a lecture and tutorial like you said.

For some units, however (e.g., PSY104 and PSY105), the 'seminar' is the same as the tutorial, but it is designated for evening students (who must listen to the lectures online).

What units are you referring to? We may be able to help you better if you tell us a particular unit.

tyni

HSC

seminars can be like a mix of a lecture and tutorial like you said.

For some units, however (e.g., psy104 and psy105), the 'seminar' is the same as the tutorial, but it is designated for evening students (who must listen to the lectures online).

What units are you referring to? We may be able to help you better if you tell us a particular unit.
cul 202.

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC

In marketing at least, its just a combined lecture/tutorial. The lecture bit goes for around two hours, then the tutorial goes for the final hour generally. But in certain times, such as presentations, the lecture component can be shortened. It's nothing really different, just saves you changing rooms after the lecture for the tute. And it forces you to go to the lectures, which you should be doing anyway.

*hopeful*

HSC

for many BBA/HRM subjects i've had seminars which are 3 hours and normally have roughly 2hrs lect and then 1 hr tute/presentations

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)