What are some career opportunities for economic/science unsw? (1 Viewer)

HSC
I got this offer (not first preference) hence I don't really know what career paths i could go into? I read its website and it mentioned becoming an economist but is it possible to become an accountant e.g. related to commerce jobs for this course? or should transfer mid-year? Does mid year transfer not count atar in unsw right?

Anyway, i would just like to know if there are other people doing this course? i dont know, it just seems there isn't any....

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
I got this offer (not first preference) hence I don't really know what career paths i could go into? I read its website and it mentioned becoming an economist but is it possible to become an accountant e.g. related to commerce jobs for this course? or should transfer mid-year? Does mid year transfer not count atar in unsw right?

Anyway, i would just like to know if there are other people doing this course? i dont know, it just seems there isn't any....
Depends what you major in science with - if you combine it with maths you'll definitely get a good quantitative background and could go in such roles which require it, otherwise you'll generally find a science/eco combination job to use both to be very niche and rather then trying to think what they will both get you, look at the degrees separately and see what each one can offer in terms of job opportunities.

JasonG123

HSC
Uni Grad
What was your first preference and what career path do you want?

If you have good quantitative skills then in your science degree major in mathematics, statistics or computer science and you'll have pretty good career prospects. Either way, just keep your grades up first year in case you don't like either the econ or science so you can change.

You'll need to check whether you have enough electives to still complete the CA or CPA requirements to become an accountant in an econ/science degree. If not (which I suspect is the case), then you may need to transfer mid year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)