What are some factors affecting the period of a vibrating blade?? (1 Viewer)

nwatts

HSC
Ok, for some reason I read the title as "What are some factors affecting the period of a vibrating blonde??" which lends itself to all types of responses...

Lavenderpup

HSC
maan, you have the same assignment practically that i have. anyone mind elaborating? but anyway, the type of blade, the size of the blade, the thickness of the blade, the length of the blade, how heavy the mass is, uhh whether its vertical or horizontal -.- and meh iono, i can't find anything for research -.-

Last edited:

Ghost1788

HSC
um wats the topic on...option? what he^^ said

i would recommend though that you take a look at them vibrating forks * not sure of their name* could be called tunning fork anyway when they vibrate the sound they produce varies according to the size of the fork thatn angle at which the fork was struck and the force at which it was struck....ask some music students though i'm sure that you would have come across these fork things in yr 10 and 11

Last edited:

Lavenderpup

HSC
you still have this prac to do? o.o
well you just stick the damn blade to the table with a clamp and measure downwards (or up <_<..) a specific centimetre, and then you push it to that point and start counting. *shrugs* only way that was found to work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)