• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What are some likely impacts of the $55bn Working families support package. (1 Viewer)

JustAnotherNE

HSC
What are some impacts of the 55bn family support package in the federal budget? im kindda lost atm...thx

conics2008

HSC
Think of the mulitipler effect.

If the government injecting 55bn for family support this encourage new couple to form a family that is have too much to drink one night and then have sexual intercourse with each other, but this is not the case.

Impact it encourages couples to have kids, more spending in the economy >> Inflation rises, more domestic spending, think what will happen to the women in the work force with their babies.. unemployment etc etc.. this is what i can think of on top of my head.

I COULD BE wrong, if no one disagrees then im right =)

karnage

HSC
Well looking at the budget at a glance thingo, it involves some of the following:

- cutting personal income tax: more money in the pocket of working familes, increased spending blah blah
- education tax refund: encouraging folks to sent their kids off to school and stuff, increasing skills of the future workforce which we will then reap the benefits of
- child care tax rebate: getting more parents into work, decreasing unemployment

JustAnotherNE

HSC
mmm yea, nice way to put it btw conics lol...i do the same subjects and are aiming at similar marks xD. I understand ur point ill try to elaborate on that. thx

JustAnotherNE

HSC
i forgot to get a copy of that edition of the afr karnage, ive been slaping myself for days now....

conics2008

HSC
hey justnaotherne get a copy of the federal budget. here on bored of studies its really helpful and its already summarised.

Economics is not my favourite but i enjoy it =) as you can see its maths which is my favourite.

JustAnotherNE

HSC
yea same, i depend heavily on math, even though im not really good at it lol. ok i got it, thx heaps.

Last edited:

gnrlies

HSC
conics2008 said:
Think of the mulitipler effect.

If the government injecting 55bn for family support this encourage new couple to form a family that is have too much to drink one night and then have sexual intercourse with each other, but this is not the case.

Impact it encourages couples to have kids, more spending in the economy >> Inflation rises, more domestic spending, think what will happen to the women in the work force with their babies.. unemployment etc etc.. this is what i can think of on top of my head.

I COULD BE wrong, if no one disagrees then im right =)
nooooo kinda not right...

55bn for families isn't really aimed at having any particular economic (or social) effect. It is political.

Why are you asking this anyway?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)