What are some ways to excercise? (1 Viewer)

CieL

HSC
^ What he said..

Unless you dont want to be on the floor all the time

You could do pushups against your bedframe at a 45 degree angle

Or pretend you're sitting on a chair, but not actually have your ass on anything.. I think this tightens your butt

HAHa put your foot on the table and you can do stretching exercises

Stack up some textbooks and you can do step-ups

Geez I'm getting imaginative.. for someone who doesn't exercise..

cuppas

Apprentice Mechanic
HSC
get some form of mat before you attempt the situps, though
tried pistols? like squats but with one leg only

CieL

HSC
cuppas said:
get some form of mat before you attempt the situps, though
Well.. if you can't afford a mat or be bothered with getting one, there's also the option of lying on your bed.. and if you need your legs down, you can lock them down using your bed post/frame

If do you it on the floor, you WILL kill your spine.
Yes, I've done that before.. my lower back was in pain for a long while
Note: I have floorboards

NinjaSauce

HSC
cuppas said:
tried pistols? like squats but with one leg only
Someones been reading Pavel Tsatsouline....

'pistols' or 1 legged squats are excellent if all you can do is Bodyweight exercise, and or only have light weights to work with.

Problem though, form is wack to learn when you start - especially if you have little [real] exercise history. And sorry to say this, but i predict the author of this post does have much - noting the type of question they asked.

cuppas

Apprentice Mechanic
HSC
define real?

edit- thought you were talking about me having not done stuff before. silly me.

but yeah, i havent read any of that stuff... all gleaned from weights room talk

Last edited:

NinjaSauce

HSC
Really? Interesting, i am surprised the definition spread outside of the 'inner circle'.

Pavel Tsatsouline coined the term 'pistol' for the 1 legged squat. In his book 'The Naked warrior' - a Bodyweight exercise book ( http://www.dragondoor.com/b28.html ). It was a requirement of the the Russian Spetznaz [special forces] which he trained in. The book is excellent, it also details the best strength training protocol of all time [heavy time commitment though], called "GTG" or "Grease the Groove". [LOL! Naked Warrior... Grease the Groove.... trust me, this aint naughty stuff! :p ]

Anyway, its a fo-shizzle-nizzle exercise, i highly reccommend it *thumbs up*. Same with 1-arm push ups, etc. Bodyweight stuff is just no-where near enough resistance.

rozymisty

HSC
oo ive tried that squatting thing when like ive just had to use a public toliet that was too dirty...you can rREALLY feel it in your thighs and your muscles ache for days after.

When i had my gym membership, i had a personal trainer and he made me do sit ups on a gym mat and it really really strained my neck muscles as well as my back. Plus i wasnt even able to get much off the floor.

DarkGreenMagna

HSC
oo ive tried that squatting thing when like ive just had to use a public toliet that was too dirty.......
ughhh

........ sit ups on a gym mat and it really really strained my neck muscles as well as my back. Plus i wasnt even able to get much off the floor.
maybe try using a swiss ball (i think thats what its called), might make it easier?

kym999

HSC
Exphate said:
import a man --> sex
Actually works... my ex-boyfriend and i did it a lot with me lieing on my back and him on his knees in front of me. Id reach up to him, essentially doing sit ups.

Awesome sex, mindblowing orgasm and two months of that three times a week i had rock hard abs! Now i have to keep it up - thankfully my best guy friend lives two doors down!

We exercise together a lot!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)