What are the best Text books to study with? (1 Viewer)

lalala trip

HSC
Hey im going to be in year 11 next year and was wondering whether anyone can recomend preliminary text books that i could use to study with? im going to be taking Modern history, Geography, Society and culture, Advanced English , Aboriginal studies, and Visual arts. I dont really think thier is any one great helpful book for Aboriginal studies or Visual arts so im not in a great rush to find text books for those subjects. But yer i was thinking Excel for english and society and culture but am unsure about modern history and geography...excel dont have any preliminary books for these subjects.

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
You could get the Macmillan Preliminary Revision guide for Modern History, or the Macmillan textbook for Geography, although I wouldn't really know how good they are, not doing the subjects personally. But it's best to ask your teachers and other people what textbooks you should get for your subjects.

maddy_d

Taper Jean Girl
HSC
for modern, ask your teachers about what case studies you are doing. then maybe find books specifically on them. we didnt have a text book this year because one 2 out of 4 topics were in the book our school used, so our teacher used to photocopy all sorts of books for us. talk to your teacher and find out what they have planned. for society and culture we used heinemann society and culture and that was great. had everything in it that i ever needed and was really consise :)

Pubert

HSC
I dont know for your subjects but for others going from yr10 to yr11 who are doing maths, chem and phyics.
For maths (EXT 1) i found cambridge the best as it has good examples with alot of questions and they vary in difficulty from extremely easy to extremely hard.
The best prelim book for physics is hands down Jacaranda, you seriously cannot beat that, very good explanations, detailed experiments, good questions which are appropriate.
In chemistry it either goes to contexts or conquering. Both are very good books and you cant go wrong with either one, but for some reason i used conquering alot more than the contexts i got from school.

Sorry if my post wasnt appropriate to your subjects but the thread title was pretty broad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)