What are the chances of getting a 65 ATAR in 2016? (1 Viewer)

lizzobeth

HSC
I'm doing pathways so I'm finishing my last 3 subjects this year. Most of the people I spoke to last year said they got ATARs of around 30. Mf 30. I need to get at least 65 or so to do a Bachelor of Music next year but what are my chances this year because BOSTES are sadistic maggots that love to see us suffer. Do I have any hope of getting a good mark?

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
What were your marks for the other 3 subjects you completed?

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
My HSC mark for Advanced English was 74 and for Modern History, 71.
It's a bit embarrassing, I know
You can try comparing these marks to the people you talked to who had 30 ATAR. Also, try putting estimated marks into some ATAR Calculators (there are many available online).

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
What other subjects are you doing/have already done? I had a played around with a few calculators + subject combos (I assume you do bio based on the other thread)
Realistically you need to be getting mid to high 70s in the rest of your subjects to get into that 65+ range, and probably borderline band 5's (~80) to be completely safe.
It depends on the subjects you do though, but I think it's pretty clear cut you need to do a bit better than you have been in order to get into the music degree.

EDIT: I saw that you had posted your subjects in the other thread
Playing around with them specifically, my estimates were a bit optimistic lol
You'll probs have to get high 70s or low 80s in music, bio and pdhpe to get 65+

Last edited:

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
Your chances aren't terrible but you'll need to work your ass off to reach your goal.

t1ffany

HSC
70 is really good... hahaha theres no way you'll get '*' trust me.
I got 87 in adv eng in the trial and i was getting 70 all year. I just did practice essays. trust me.

Flop21

HSC
I'm doing pathways so I'm finishing my last 3 subjects this year. Most of the people I spoke to last year said they got ATARs of around 30. Mf 30. I need to get at least 65 or so to do a Bachelor of Music next year but what are my chances this year because BOSTES are sadistic maggots that love to see us suffer. Do I have any hope of getting a good mark?
Yeah blame BOSTES for your low marks... not yourself.

Geez, you get what you deserve in the HSC. Don't forget that. So recognise that you are responsible for your own marks, and try hard.

calamebe

HSC
Yeah blame BOSTES for your low marks... not yourself.

Geez, you get what you deserve in the HSC. Don't forget that. So recognise that you are responsible for your own marks, and try hard.
Yeah, I mean ATAR is just a rank anyway, it's not possible for people not to get in the 30's an all. Even if BOSTES were sadistic maggots and made the tests extremely hard, it woukdn't affect your rank much anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)