what are the chances? (1 Viewer)

Calla

HSC
Coz im a non-current school leaver, i get the word on whether i got accepted or not (into uni) on the 4th of Jan (prelim round).

If i dont get accepted, i will most probably apply for the fee paying course....however, are the chances of being accepted much slimmer if i apply after Jan 4th...than if i apply before that ?

thanks in advance !

Calla

HSC
Musk said:
which uni?

chances are NO,wait till main round
UTS...but just say i wasnt accepted on the 4th of Jan (which is when they told me i would be accepted) ...and say i applied for the fee paying course on the 5th of Jan, would chances of gettin in be slimmer than if i had applied in like december?

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
No difference, theres no "first in, best dressed" shenanigans.

EmMindelan

done, and happy
HSC
No. The original poster is talking about the preliminary round of offers, which are released on the 4th - some courses release offers then. The vast majority of offers [to non-school leavers and school leavers] are made on the 17th in the MAIN round of offers. Look at the UAC website to find out exactly who does get prelim round offers, but it's not many people.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Calla said:
UTS...but just say i wasnt accepted on the 4th of Jan (which is when they told me i would be accepted) ...and say i applied for the fee paying course on the 5th of Jan, would chances of gettin in be slimmer than if i had applied in like december?
The cut off date for main round preferences is the 4th of jan so if you applied on the 5th u'd miss it...unless its different for NRSL...

Last edited:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
that is correct shara. Again, most non-recent school leavers won't hear anything until the main round (Myself included)

hellomike

HSC
Most if not all NRSL will receive an offer letter in the main round like all HSC students. But obviously, NRSL will have had their application looked differently and of course, each course you choose asks for different requirements. Like most courses of 50% UAI and 50% GPA, a number of others have more weighting on the submitted personal statement.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)