What are the chances? (1 Viewer)

hApPy1

HSC
of getting into a course below ur offer.

My offer was psychology at wollongong-92

i want arts/law at wolloning-91

my uai was 95.00

i have a feelign late round offers will do nothing for me- there are no vacancies...are there any possibilities within the instutution to allow me to transfer BEFORE having to start psychology? they say u can transfer after a year..but isnt that liek a waste?

any advice would b GREATLY/IMMENSELEY/oh so very appreciated :)

thanx guys n gals

X

xeuyrawp

hApPy1 said:
of getting into a course below ur offer.

My offer was psychology at wollongong-92

i want arts/law at wolloning-91

my uai was 95.00

i have a feelign late round offers will do nothing for me- there are no vacancies...are there any possibilities within the instutution to allow me to transfer BEFORE having to start psychology? they say u can transfer after a year..but isnt that liek a waste?

any advice would b GREATLY/IMMENSELEY/oh so very appreciated :)

thanx guys n gals
I don't understand... Your UAI was above the cut-off for law. Did you not put law above psych in your preferences?

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
Short of getting a late round offer, you could always contact the faculty directly.

Here for law, somewhere here for the others.

You really, really should have put your preferences in order of, y'know, 'preference' though.

With psychology you pick a whole bunch of subjects from the general schedule, so if you did have to transfer after a year (Jan is the only intake for law), you would only be behind on the law component. Of course, this might not be true, depending on what subjects you pick/what you want to major in.

hApPy1

HSC
PwarYuex said:
I don't understand... Your UAI was above the cut-off for law. Did you not put law above psych in your preferences?
no...no i didnt

hApPy1

HSC
hfis said:
Short of getting a late round offer, you could always contact the faculty directly.

Here for law, somewhere here for the others.

You really, really should have put your preferences in order of, y'know, 'preference' though.

With psychology you pick a whole bunch of subjects from the general schedule, so if you did have to transfer after a year (Jan is the only intake for law), you would only be behind on the law component. Of course, this might not be true, depending on what subjects you pick/what you want to major in.

apparently at wollongong (well teh brouchure says anyway) that u dont actually do any law in teh first yr...so i wouldnt b behind... would i? i sure hope not..but yeh- on the 'preference' thing- there was alot of pressure from family and conflicting opinions which resulted in this doubt im experiencing atm...i would still love to do psychology- dont think i have absolutely no interest in it whatsoever-but just thinking of teh variety and opportunities a combined degree brings (and teh fact that u can do SOME psychology in an arts degree)- i am inclined to re-think my decision...if im allowed to do that..:p

well not according to UAC!

oh dear- i need an asprin

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
Would it be possible to do B Arts (Psychology)/B Laws? Sounds like it would be perfect for you if you could - the B Arts (Psychology) is exactly the same as the B Psychology, with the exception of the fourth (honours) year.

And you're right, you don't do any law until third year (reference). I forgot that they changed the way they do things as of this year, my apologies.

hApPy1

HSC
hfis said:
Would it be possible to do B Arts (Psychology)/B Laws? Sounds like it would be perfect for you if you could - the B Arts (Psychology) is exactly the same as the B Psychology, with the exception of the fourth (honours) year.

And you're right, you don't do any law until third year (reference). I forgot that they changed the way they do things as of this year, my apologies.

yes arts/psych/law does sound perfect...it was my first preference- but i got my forth...so for late round offers do u suggest i put a course arts/law from the uni i got into as first preference or teh very perfect arts/psych/law at macquarie which is like 95.50...

thanx for replying :)

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
Put your preferences in order of preference. It doesn't matter what the cutoffs for the courses are - put the ones you want to do first.

Also, contact the university/faculty directly, you might have some luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)