What are the disadvantages of going to Insearch UTS? (1 Viewer)

LonelyWolf

HSC
It seems quite suitable and easy for me to get into at the end of the year, depending on my my ATAR and circumstances. But is there anything i, or anyone else, should know about Insearch? Is there a limited selection of courses? etc But yeah disadvantages?

Danke

Kralex

HSC
It costs a fuckload of cash.
You aren't guaranteed entry to uni after completion (the entry requirements are really high, you're looking at nothing lower than credit average)
Why insearch when unis like UWS and ACU are available? Going to a university and transferring is so much better than insearch.

LonelyWolf

HSC
It costs a fuckload of cash.
You aren't guaranteed entry to uni after completion (the entry requirements are really high, you're looking at nothing lower than credit average)
Why insearch when unis like UWS and ACU are available? Going to a university and transferring is so much better than insearch.
yeah true, didn't really think about money lol but yeah it was 20 grand for business, so fuck that. UWS eww ACU i would reather die, honestly my school is right next to it, i mentally could not do it. Macqurie's pretty close to where i live though and it a good uni. Ehh i don't know why i'm worrying now.

FrozenSky

HSC
Why aim for insearch?
Why don't you just aim for the atar cut-off? To be quite frank UTS is not that hard to get into, they give 5 bonus points to almost everything...

LonelyWolf

HSC
Why aim for insearch?
Why don't you just aim for the atar cut-off? To be quite frank UTS is not that hard to get into, they give 5 bonus points to almost everything...
yeah, i know it seems kind of stupid, i guess i'm just considering my options on a broad scale. Alot of the courses at UTS are quite difficult for me to get into, having such poor marks thus far, and i've never thought it possible for me to get an ATAR of over 90. I'm being pretty bad on my self esteem.

I really want to do a combined international studies, like:

B Business B Arts in Int. Studies - 95
or
B Arts in Communication (Journalism) - 94.05
or
B Business - 92.45
or
B Global Studies - 91.15
or
B Science B Arts in Int. Studies - 80 (achievable)

All those ATAR's are based on the 2010 UAC Guide. Alot of those courses only really adhere to Standard Eng and Ancient History. Which is a good thing for me.

btw, do you know if it is easy to transfer say from B Science B Arts in Int. Studies after one year to B Business B Arts in Int. Studies ? Did you have alot of trouble getting into your course?

Thanks

FrozenSky

HSC
Well i haven't actually transfered before, so i don't really know (I'm going to apply for mid semester transfer to USYD, i can tell you my experiences next time).
But, from what I heard transferring is highly competitive, simply because everyone wants to do it. Doing an internal transfer should be easier though (moving between courses in the uni).
And to answer your last question, it wasn't that hard to get into my course, i scored an atar of 93.75 and the course only needed 93.85, but they offered 5 bonus points for my subject. I think subjects like international studies doesn't offer bonus points, so it may be slightly more difficult for you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)