What are the harder topics in MathXt2 (1 Viewer)

Leng

Harder 3U is the worst topic, by far. Even dreaded mechanics has no questions of similar evilness to compete with harder 3 unit.

A question which requires binomial expansion in n, fancy algebra fiddling, inequalities work, combined with harder integration and harder probability that takes half an hour to do is worth more than 4 marks. -_-"

derek_

HSC
imo hardest ext 2 topics are circle geometry and resisted motion/mechanics .. like my brain just goes mental blank if i seen one of these questions ... oh yeh probability too =|

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
Leng said:
Harder 3U is the worst topic, by far. Even dreaded mechanics has no questions of similar evilness to compete with harder 3 unit.

A question which requires binomial expansion in n, fancy algebra fiddling, inequalities work, combined with harder integration and harder probability that takes half an hour to do is worth more than 4 marks. -_-"

in 2001 the final part of the last question was

prove e is irrational

just reitterating your point :D

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
derek_ said:
imo hardest ext 2 topics are circle geometry and resisted motion/mechanics .. like my brain just goes mental blank if i seen one of these questions ... oh yeh probability too =|
yup, motion.dynamics. i just tried some this morning and look where i am now... procrastinating :D

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
ngai said:
i go to ruse
and no i cant post them up...as in i cant, not im unwilling to ;)
wow, jra, we did one of your exam papers and our dux couldn't do them properly. that's depressing.

asimz

HSC
what does the mechanics topic involve? yer i was getting all these graphs q's wrong, then dloaded some graph program, the back of the book was wrong.

mojako

HSC
complex is hard for me
I mean it can be hard
but HSC exam doesnt usually give you the hard ones

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
i kno wot u mean , but then q 8 can have some nasty complex numbers...mechanics, volumes and harder 3u is wot i need to do today, plus some past papers :S shit its gonna b a long day cant wait til 2moro arvo when its all ova

S

Shuter

Supra said:
mechanics, volumes and harder 3u is wot i need to do today, plus some past papers :S shit its gonna b a long day cant wait til 2moro arvo when its all ova
Ai me too.

You know conics, mechanics and volumes is actually some of the stuff I partially understand (because I was actually present somewhat when it was taught in class) despite it being the harder topics. I've got integration, complex and graphing all pretty done good.

Hmm wait, looking through he textbook that's pretty much all the topics there are! Then WHY THE HELL CAN'T I UNDERSTAND WHAT MOST OF THE QUESTIONS ARE EVEN ASKING IN THE TEST (2003)!

Oh well, here's hoping I can pull a 50% out of the bag on monday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)