What are the logical subjects? (1 Viewer)

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
Hi

I thought I would hate accounting but it turns out to be wrong that accounting is actually fun to me.
I love how logical and reasonable everything is,instead of 'invisible hand' and some sort of stuff that I can't see (if the hand is invisible why bother learning this :(

I'm in my first year and will probably major in accounting

I'm wondering what are the other subjects that will be rational like accounting? Coz I'm not sure if I wanna double major or double degree (do a language for example)

-I hate finance (hard to understand and lots of stuffs you just can't 'see')
-I don't like MARK1012 (all theories and nothing in details )

Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated thanks :)
Like which major or degree or course should I take.

Last edited:

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi

I thought I would hate accounting but it turns out to be wrong that accounting is actually fun to me.
I love how logical and reasonable everything is,instead of 'invisible hand' and some sort of stuff that I can't see (if the hand is invisible why bother learning this :(

I'm in my first year and will probably major in accounting

I'm wondering what are the other subjects that will be rational like accounting? Coz I'm not sure if I wanna double major or double degree (do a language for example)

-I hate finance (hard to understand and lots of stuffs you just can't 'see')
-I don't like MARK1012 (all theories and nothing in details )

Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated thanks :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Are you taking FINS1613 in 2nd sem? Coz it's much harder in 2nd sem as opposed to first sem. :S

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
Are you taking FINS1613 in 2nd sem? Coz it's much harder in 2nd sem as opposed to first sem. :S
Yeah that's why I said I hate finance... FINS1613 is sufficiently hard for me to understand, always struggle...

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
Wow I hate to be rude but that's very ignorant saying "if the hand is invisible why bother learning this". You learn it because it's not only the visible things that affect an outcome.

It's like saying why bother learning off balance sheet transactions when they are off the balance sheet >.>

Actually a better example, why learn imaginary numbers when they are imaginary >.>

Anyways to answer your question, a lot of the business courses involve concepts and theories. I doubt you will be able to graduate with doing only "logical" subjects. Management might be the closest it gets.

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
Wow I hate to be rude but that's very ignorant saying "if the hand is invisible why bother learning this". You learn it because it's not only the visible things that affect an outcome.

It's like saying why bother learning off balance sheet transactions when they are off the balance sheet >.>

Actually a better example, why learn imaginary numbers when they are imaginary >.>

Anyways to answer your question, a lot of the business courses involve concepts and theories. I doubt you will be able to graduate with doing only "logical" subjects. Management might be the closest it gets.
Didn't mean to be rude, I just don't really get those subjects . They drove me crazy
I'm already doubling if I am able t o graduate ...

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
If you are looking at a double major that has rational way of thinking it would definitely be accounting and management. The others are all theoretical/concept.

You might not like management though :( I personally liked it.

Are you doing just B Commerce? Have you considered a second major from another faculty? I know you can do a major like languages as the second major.

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
If you are looking at a double major that has rational way of thinking it would definitely be accounting and management. The others are all theoretical/concept.

You might not like management though :( I personally liked it.

Are you doing just B Commerce? Have you considered a second major from another faculty? I know you can do a major like languages as the second major.

Is management like marketing? I thought it'd be all theory ??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)