What are the rights of students? (1 Viewer)

tryharderforhsc

HSC
There is a lot of corrupt shit happening in my school, forcing people to do certain subjects or leave the school are the choice they give. Not letting people choose their own hsc subjects and if someone gets a 97 for mathematics in year 11 they are being forced to do it again so they can get another band 6. All from the principal trying to screw people over.
What are the rights of students in regards to these issues?

HecticSandWitch

2007 fuccboi hustler king
HSC
There is a lot of corrupt shit happening in my school, forcing people to do certain subjects or leave the school are the choice they give. Not letting people choose their own hsc subjects and if someone gets a 97 for mathematics in year 11 they are being forced to do it again so they can get another band 6. All from the principal trying to screw people over.
Contact Board of Studies that's pretty messed. TBH

duhdevitt

HSC
Is this a catholic school

atar goal:91 but will be happy with 85+

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
At face value, this does seem quite strange. Unless you go to Malek Fahd, this shit is pretty uncommon.

First step would be Board of Studies.

Second step, particularly if you have proof would be going to a reporter. The first name that springs to mind is Alex Smith at the Sydney Morning Herald, who can be contacted at edu@smh.com.au; or on Twitter at @alexsmithsmh (FYI, Alex is short for Alexandra - she's a female).

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
At face value, this does seem quite strange. Unless you go to Malek Fahd, this shit is pretty uncommon.

Second step, particularly if you have proof would be going to a reporter. The first name that springs to mind is Alex Smith at the Sydney Morning Herald, who can be contacted at edu@smh.com.au; or on Twitter at @alexsmithsmh (FYI, Alex is short for Alexandra - she's a female).
Lol that's exactly the school I was thinking of

mreditor16

HSC
Contact Board of Studies that's pretty messed. TBH
This pretty much. If you are unsatisfied with the response provided by your school, your next point of call is BOSTES. Also, another option is the Ombudsman, according to a friend, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

mreditor16

HSC

+1 this a lot. FYI OP - Alex Smith is the Education Reporter at SMH, hence the best person to contact!

braintic

HSC
N/A
I don't think you understand the meaning of 'corrupt'. These practices might be wrong, but corrupt is not the right description.

suika

HSC
I don't think you understand the meaning of 'corrupt'. These practices might be wrong, but corrupt is not the right description.
It actually is because the school is/may be aiming to:
1) get a better average mark
2) improving their academic image
3) if all those things above work, then overall improve the image of the executives at the school aka the principal

Simply they are just doing bad things to gain personal benefits.

braintic

HSC
N/A
3) if all those things above work, then overall improve the image of the executives at the school aka the principal

That's not the kind of personal gain implied by the word 'corruption'. If a principal's salary was dependent on results, then maybe. But that is not the case.

suika

HSC
That's not the kind of personal gain implied by the word 'corruption'. If a principal's salary was dependent on results, then maybe. But that is not the case.
True. But it doesn't really have to be money wise.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A

That's not corruption. If teachers are paid money to improve x students result that is corrupt practice. Your case deals more with administrate side of things and you pretty much have 0 legal standing unfortunately.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)