What are you currently Reading? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Picked up a few books that I've been meaning to read for a while and they're all horribly hard to put down.

Finished already: "The Day of the Triffids" and "The Chrysalids" both by John Wyndham.

Now reading "Lost in a Good Book" by Jasper Fforde (so far it's like a much more confusing and modern Terry Pratchett book - excellent).

Sinitivity

HSC
The Great Tree of Avalon - Child of the Dark Prophecy
T.A.Barron

It's a pretty damn awesome fantasty novel. Very addictive.
I've also just purchased Petals on the Wind and If There be Throns by Virgina Andrews so I can finish off the Flowers in the Attic Saga.

euro-dragon

Im a LolOsaUR Hear Me Roa
HSC
Right now im reading a book called forensic detective by some phd guy but it isnt very good at all, im finding myself skipping chapters...its more of an autobiography that i thought...not too much for that..but i look forward to my Dr Karl book "Dis Information" and " Net Force" by Tom Clancy :)

sarevok

HSC
Reading "Anansi Boys" by Neil Gaiman. I was kind of hesitant to get it because I didn't really enjoy "American Gods" but it is excellent.

veloc1ty said:
Finished already: "The Day of the Triffids" and "The Chrysalids" both by John Wyndham.
Day of the Triffids is one of my all-time favourite books. If you are interested there is an unofficial sequel called Night of the Triffids by Simon Clark which is suprisingly good.

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
i'm reading a book of short stories by edgar allan poe. i wish i could be reading lolita right now, but stupid school is dictating my taste in books :(

Beato153

Bored @ Work
HSC
"Act of Treason" by Vince Flynn, basically an American CIA Political book where the vice president elect has tried to have the president elect killed, quite hard to put down, very fast paced.

Lori.

HSC
The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory

thought i might as well read it before i see the movie. The story itself is alright, but the language is far too modern and simple. oh well, am only up to page 91 so i cant really judge it yet haha

X

xeuyrawp

Aznpsycho said:
The Hyperion Omnibus it is, it resembles a wooden brick. There few words to describe the horror that is Father Hoyt's tale, and what Paul Dure did to himself. Maybe it would 'Oh my fucking god what did he just do to himself?'

I recommend it, just for this, and the Soldier's Tale.
I'm reading it now. Halfway through the Soldier's Tale.

Can also definitely recommend it. It's amazing to read sci fi that has a lot of future history that is not over the top with recounting the past (our future).

Kirsty Xx

That's the price we pay
HSC
BITTER CHOCOLATE
By Lesley Lokko

I'm only 30 pages in atm, but I've found that it is so captivating!

Three girls in search of a missing piece of their lives; three girls who will change their worlds to find it. In a story that begins in the relentless heat of a Haitian summer and sweeps through the luxury of America to the colourful chaos of East End London, BITTER CHOCOLATE is all-consuming, irresistable and utterly capticating. It illustrates why Lesley Lokko is one of the most exciting contemporary authors of the moment.

Last edited:

bubbly89

HSC
Valley of Silence by Nora Roberts

also reading

Skin- a natural history by Nina Jablonski

lol I know I'm itching to start doing something educational when I start gravitating towards non-fiction books lol :p

HSC
The Prince - Machiavelli

mwahaha...ruthless leadership skills here I come

going to the library to get more to read soon...might look to read one of the Russian classics (Crime and Punishment, War and Peace or Anna Karenina).

Acidliner

HSC
The Importance of Being Earnest.
Only for English though, but it's pretty good.
-shrugs-

I don't know, I need recommendations for good fantasy.

HSC
sky legs by irini savvides (i think thats the name)

i've only read the start but it sounds good ...

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
I just finished Born on a Blue Day by Daniel Tammet, who's an autistic savant. It's pretty awesome watching this guy learn to deal with everyday life, and I love how he sees numbers. He's different to most other severely autistic people in that he's completely independent.

He recited Pi to 22514 decimal places.

I miss reading for pleasure. I thought school and uni ruined reading for me, but it turns out I was just reading the wrong things.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
BIG LIES: Demolishing The Myth of the Propaganda War Against Israel - D A V I D M E I R - L E V I

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
zimmerman8k said:
The typical male thinks about sex every few minutes. In Ari's case, its how much he hates Islam.
:read:

It's a book about the legal development of the state of Israel not Islam:S

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)