What are you currently Reading? (1 Viewer)

SSRabbitohs2009

28:06:42:12
HSC
The Interview With A Vampire- Anne Rice

The Five Greatest Warriors- Matthew Reilly

Marilyn Manson's autobiography

A collection of short stories written in French and English

Live and Work in France- Can't remember who its by.

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
just started Sophie's World by Jostein Gaarder (It's a bit painful, don't know if i'll continue)

just finished:
Tokyo, Mo Hayder
Earth to Hell, Kylie Chan
Brisingr, Christopher Paolini

pman

Banned
HSC
hitchikrs guide to the galaxy 7 (although it claims to be six, adams himself wrote 6 h2g2 books!) its by eoin colfer..the guy who wrote artemis fowl and is a lot better than i expected for colfer attempting to write pure comedy

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
just finished the death of bunny munro - nick cave and the road - cormac mcarthy
not sure what to read now, i got given sense & sensibility and sea monsters but im not sure if i want to keep going with it or not

1Eilatan

HSC
homer's iliad, bout halfway through
I tried to read this. I almost died and got so confused. GOD THOSE GODS ARE CRAZY! lol

Re reading "Assassin's Apprentice" and then all the books in the Farseer/Tawny Man trilogy by Robin Hobb.

Has anyone read anything by Isobelle Carmody? Pretty good for an Aussie. Fantasy, though. And can anyone tell me if that third book in the Eragon series is any good? I got pissed off by Eldest. (God that Muragh!) I couldn't stand it because of the jummping between his cousin and him, and I didn't like his cousin very much to begin with. (Or that elf dude, who the hell does he think he is? God??) And I don't want to bother reading part 3 if it ends stupidly.

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
have you read the ship series by Robin Hobb? (Ship of Magic, Ship of Destiny... or something along those lines). It takes a bit of getting into but it leads into her new series - The Drogon Keepers, and it (debatably) has a few characters from Assasins Apprentice / tawny man in it too.

I finished all the published Obernewtyn books, then I tried the Darkfall series but couldn't get into it, so I gave up. I'm hanging for the next obernewtyn though.

Brisingr is a bit frustrating, I feel like its a "Filler" book before he nuts out the end of the story. Its not a bad read, but don't expect any astounding revelations or conclusions.

Try Robert Jordan - "The Wheel of time" series - he creates a similar world but with more complexity (12 books so far). No Dragons / elves etc, but battles and castles and Magic etc.

I'm Reading Raymond Feists "Magician" And i'm enjoying it too. Its got the elves and dwarves and such but its a good story so far, with a very likeable protagonist.

HSC
Has anyone read anything by Isobelle Carmody? Pretty good for an Aussie. Fantasy, though.
She's not bad. Get your hands on some Ian Irvine, that's quality Australian fantasy. Trudi Canavan, Fiona McIntosh and Jennifer Fallon are enjoyable (though far from groundbreaking) reads as well.

HSC
Today I began reading A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole.

suling

HSC
Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel.

I got it because I love Tudor history..I never expected it to be so brilliantly written, I am so in awe of her language and style..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)