What are you currently Reading? (3 Viewers)

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Rinni said:
I just finished reading Feeling Sorry for Celia by Jaclyn Moriarty and I'm about to start Finding Cassie Crazy by Jaclyn Moriarty :)
I liked the first one better than the 2nd but Finding Cassie Crazy is alright too. I read the first way back in 2000 when Dolly magazine had an exceprt of it :eek:

Anyway, I'm in the middle of "Emma", and for anyone doing the HSC and hating it, yes, I'm reading it voluntarily.

shimmy&shine

HSC
I'm reading Memoirs of a Geisha, so far, it's been good. Hope it gets even better.

I love how Golden writes. All the metaphors and smilies are just well-thought and perfect. Quite poetic in places.

tzncz

not quite here
HSC
"The Night Tolkien Died" by Nadia Wheatley

Pretty good so far...

bubbly

HSC
I am currently readin The drawing of the three.

Book no. 2 in the Dark Tower series by stephen King

J

jhakka

bubbly said:
I am currently readin The drawing of the three.

Book no. 2 in the Dark Tower series by stephen King
Nice. Have you read them before? If you haven't, the series is awesome and won't disappoint you.

Love Wizard and Glass. The backstory is amazing.

bubbly

HSC
jhakka said:
Nice. Have you read them before? If you haven't, the series is awesome and won't disappoint you.

Love Wizard and Glass. The backstory is amazing.
No i havent read them b4.

My father has read them & he said that it was a good story so i guess that is probably y i am readin them.:)

im strugglin 2 find the third book though coz it is currently out on loan @ my libraries:(

amisha_amisha

I'm a Title now?
HSC
A Brief History of Time by Stephen Hawking...omigosh you really have to read EVERY single word to understand it... it's so interesting. If your science teacher ever told you that the atom is the smallest unit... than they are WRONG. And advise them to read this book.

HSC
umm.. i borrowed melina marchettaz new book on the jellicoe road but i got bored after the 1st chapter :( [i usually like her books]

has anyone here read it?

SamTan*06*

All alone in a memory! I was beautiful theeeen....
HSC
I just finished a good book called 'Monster Blood Tattoo'. I forget who it's by, but it was a bit different from what I usually read. I was about a guy in a world (much like earth only not-not that different I know) but its like, he's this orphan who goes out into the world to start a new job. The thing is, that he's never really been into the world, and in this world, humans are second-ish on the food chain. So he has to be really careful!

I've also just started "Only You Can Save Man Kind" by Terry Pratchet. He's one of my favorite authors, and I'm really enjoying it so far. For those of you who don't know who he is, read "The Wee Free Men", then "Hat Full Of Sky" (the sequel) and then the "Amazing Maurice and His Educated Rodents" (not really related to the other two, but really good!)

J

jhakka

I read Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events: The Bad Beginning yesterday. Will be starting Scarecrow by Matthew Reilly today.

renton

HSC
trainspotting by irvine welsh.
great stuff so far, anyone else read it??

irisqi

N/A
HSC
I'm reading 'Wild Swans' for next year. Jung Chang (author) is really conceited, but in a subtle, humble way. I hate her more with each page I read. I'm currently four-fifths through the book, so i hate her a lot. Agree?

PterodactylFace

HSC
Recently finished Milan Kundera's The Unbearable Lightness of Being (which is incredible) and am currently reading Gaston Leroux's The Phantom of the Opera.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)