What are you currently Reading? (3 Viewers)

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
frenchie said:
The Great Gatsby
-- F. Scott Fitzgerald
ohh i love that book. So depressing though

on a different note: i just finished watching AND reading sisterhood of the traveling pants and really liked it. Brought me back ot my yr 9 teenage fiction days but this is better than sweet valley trash though :p

UGFighter

HSC
Been on a reading frenzy lately aye.. finished 3 books in the last week, more books than I've read in the last year almost!

The Warren Buffet Way - Robert Hagstrom Jnr
Trading In The Zone - Mark Douglas
One Up On Wall Street - Peter Lynch

It's Not About The Bike - Lance Armstrong with Sally Jenkins (or someone? not sure on her name)
The New Buffetology - Marry Buffet, David Clark

Future reading list:
The Intelligent Investor
Security Analysis: The Classic 1940 edition

glitter burns

the sky is falling
HSC
I'm reading the comic edition of 'He died with a felafel in his hand', written by John Birmingham, illustrated by Ryan Vella.
I'm getting into Birmingham lately. He does good work.

glitter burns

the sky is falling
HSC
I'm about to start "Watch your mouth", by Daniel Handler, the genius that brought us "The basic eight." But I'm kind of nervous to start reading it because I've heard it's NOWHERE near as good as TBE and I worried I'll be disappointed in him.

Alex_H86

CEO of BoS...
HSC
Many uni text books, and The Davinci Code. I was reluctant to read it, because of the hype surrounding it, but I gave in, and decided to read it. It's ok, exciting in parts, but over all, I actually am not enjoying it all THAT much. Don't get me wrong, I like it, but am not completely understanding the hype around it. So that's what I'm reading at the mo.

X

xeuyrawp

Alex_H86 said:
Many uni text books, and The Davinci Code. I was reluctant to read it, because of the hype surrounding it, but I gave in, and decided to read it. It's ok, exciting in parts, but over all, I actually am not enjoying it all THAT much. Don't get me wrong, I like it, but am not completely understanding the hype around it. So that's what I'm reading at the mo.
Most of the hype was part conspiracy theory, part trashy thriller, part Clyve Cussler (sp) action crap. I wouldn't say that the opportunity to bash pretty much every Abrahamic theology didn't have a part to play either.

PerfectByNature

I am Jack's wasted life
HSC
Guards! Guards! by Terry Pratchett...
ah! Terry Pratchett: the master of crazy fantasy comedy!

~Smurfette~

Milky Way, Planet Earth...this is all I am sure of
HSC
Alex_H86 said:
YES The Da Vinci Code is pathetically overrated and does not deserve to be mentioned without *terrible* being attached to it thereafter, i.e. Da Vinci Code *terrible* I havent read any of Dan Brown's other books but they dont seem to be in my arena. Currently, with 14 day to go till the HSC and my appetite for reading increasing ten-fold (better than resorting to gorging on chocolate or daggers from stress I suppose?) I am reading 'Satanic Verses' - very funny book, enjoy it very much. Before this it was 'The Heartbreaking work of a Staggering Genious', okay read although there are only 2 really great moments in that book. I have 'Life of Pi' waiting on my shelf er I mean Chemistry textbooks...yes...oh I am so screeeeeewed

tzncz

not quite here
HSC
I'm reading...

The Bone People by Keri Hulme, and I've been getting really into The Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket.

Alex_H86

CEO of BoS...
HSC
Soo...I finished the Divinci Code...yeah yeah... Now I'm reading Holy Cow: An Indian Adventure- by Sarah Macdonald. Has been very amusing so far.

Always

HSC
I just finished reading Persuasion by Jane Austen. I think I may be in love with Captain Wentworth. *blushes*

Now I'm reading Harpers Bazaar. Also a good read. :D

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
I don't read Harper's Bazaar. I just look at the pretty pictures. :) Actually, some things I do read, like pricetags. Then I gasp and think "Fuck, that's a freaking house deposit!".

Right now, I'm reading my English essay. *Breaks into tears*

Always

HSC
Don't you read the articles? Usually I sit there drooling over all the clothes I'll never be able to afford. $2500 top? Yeah right, dream on. :(

Back on topic. I plan to read another Jane Austen book next. Only 2 more to go and then I've read them all! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)