What are you currently Reading? (1 Viewer)

walrusbear

HSC
balancing the plot against america by roth
and glamoramo by bret easton ellis

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke

Pretty good so far in a cutesy way.

GMK

HSC
Re-reading The French Lieutenant's Woman, by Fowles for the 100th time...

nicole21290

HSC
Pride and Prejudice (Jane Austen), a book on Greek myths and legends, Angela's Ashes (Frank McCourt) and The Gun Seller (Hugh Laurie). I love them all - it is the 9th time I've read Pride & Prejudice, the 7th time I've read this particular book on Greek myths, the 3rd time I've read Angela's Ashes and the 1st time I've read The Gun Seller. Nope, none are for school - for that I'm reading Emma (again), a comparitive book on religions and A Long Walk To Freedom (Nelson Mandela)

SmokedSalmon

HSC
The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins.... I swear its taking me ages. It is a good weapon against evangelical christians at Sydney Uni tho, just have to thrust it in front of their faces and they don't bother me no more. :)

glitter burns

the sky is falling
HSC
Just finished "On the Jellicoe Road" by Melina Marchetta... it was ok but not as great as everyone said it would be.
Next up: "Midnight's Children" by Salman Rushdie. Oh and got to finish "Love in the Time of Cholera" by Gabriel Garcia Marquez, I started it aaaages ago, put it down, dumped some clothes on top of it and thought I'd lost it.

XoXoTessXoXo

HSC
Im reading 'A spot of bother' by Mark haddon, hes the author of the curious incident in the night time which i Loved, so i had to read this book.
Its pretty good, has many stories in it but focused around one family. I like his style, its straightforward and to the point yet still holds intrigue.

I recently read 1984 by george orwell, it is one of the best books ever! i suggest Everyone to read it! so often the book has depicted todays society, people living in fear, the whole big brother concept, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)