What are you doing this year? (1 Viewer)

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
So, what is everyone doing at TAFE this year? Are you where you wanted to be when you first started your course, or what course are you hoping to start that will get you there?

Just checking how lively the TAFE forum still is. ;)

juicyberries

HSC
I'm doing the Tertiary Preparation course this year. Still undecided on what I wanna do after that, but it'll most likely be further study at either uni or TAFE.

juicyberries

HSC
Yes, I know but there are courses that require a year 12 or equivalent entry and some career paths also require a minimum of Year 12, e.g. Police force, defence, you get the picture.

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
Sidicious-Reign said:
oh and tafe forum is always dead
So I'm starting to realise...

Textbook lists are wallet-killers. That, and all the extra materials and equipment you end up needing (depending on your course), can be painful.

loser101 said:
yeah but cant u just enroll in a TAFE course to start out with that dont require yr 12?

then you can transfer to your cop uni course later.
Doing the TPC is a good way to keep your options open, though, in case you change your mind, or want to gain entry into another course (without resorting to circuitous transfer plans that aren't guaranteed to work).

Last edited:

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
Definitely sounds interesting. I'm starting on Monday, too. Good luck with your course! :D

magickmidget

HSC
N/A
Daemontreu said:
Doing the TPC is a good way to keep your options open, though, in case you change your mind, or want to gain entry into another course (without resorting to circuitous transfer plans that aren't guaranteed to work).
Exactly. It's a much easier way to ensure that you can say you have your year 12 equivalent and aren't going to miss out because of it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)