What are you doing with your study notes after the exams? (1 Viewer)

Dropdeadbored

HSC
Hey sorry schoolies guys but I put this thread in Schoolies cos it's a post-exam event. Should put it in entertainment instead lol.

So, what are you doin with your notes after you're finished with them? Are you gong to file them away and perhaps sell them to younger students, or are you going to focus your anger and DESTROY them to exact your revenge and/or justice?

Here's some ideas to get you started- add some when they come to you- pics are awesome too!

1. Burn them! Simply placing your paper all in a massive bonfire.

2. Creative burning: tearing your notes to shreds before burning, or (in total fire ban weather) making a tiki torch (floor light, cellopane flames) and ripping the paper , placing it on top of the tiki torch as if it were on fire.

3. Chucking everything into the recycle bin- for the mundane, boring environmentally aware people.

4. Selling your notes to year 11 students (come on people, do you really want to make it easier for them?!).

5. Selling your notes on eBay, labelled as HSC notes or messages from beyond the grave from a relevant source for your course (eg. 'notes that Einstein's ghost told me to write' for Physics)

6. Make recycled paper (the kind where you end up with pulp, and then shape it in a mould and deckle). Use this paper to write ransom notes, suicide bomber letters and the like.

7. Recycle every single peice of paper in the above fashion- now you have enough paper for at least the first semester of University!

8. Place your paper on the lawn. Run the lawnmower over it.

9. Use paper as-is, or recycled, to make model rockets, planes, general annoying projectiles.

10. To wrap Christmas and birthday gifts- hey, the present may not be educational, but at least the wrapping is.

11. Toilet paper, bug catching, tissues, bandaids... just don't recycle after use. Please!

12. Spraypaint written surfaces white and use them as canvases.

13. Line thinning winter jackets- good insulation!

14. Roofing insulation (watch out for those damn cockroaches).

15. Glue enough paper together, and you can make wings. Not recommended for flying at altitudes higher than 20cm.

16. Papier mache rocks! Use to make: masks and decorations, and pinatas!

17. Papier mache around a balloon, and make a punching bag that looks like your worst teacher/subject.

18. Bury notes in a time capsule so you know why you're so messed up later in life, compare your HSC to your kids', or relearn everything you don't need to know after memory loss.

19. Stuff all your notes into a large envelope, and send to the Board of Studies. Feel free to add a letter of frustration, petition, etc. Or just send to a random address.

20. Eat it. You can't digest paper, but at least you'll feel full. Great for weight loss! Remember to remove staples.

21. Feed them to the dog. Take a few pictures so you can use the excuse "my dog ate my homework" in later study.

22. Take a long, long trek into the forest/ desert/local harsh terrain, and bury your notes in a wooden chest under a giant X.

23. Construct the paper into a boat or other shape, and paint it. Lend it to your worst relative- don't coat it in wax or anything, so it will eventually get so wet it crumbles and sinks.

24. Turn your paper into fashion accessories- dresses, shirts, hats, bracelets, even shoes (in newspaper craft books). Wear them, or give them to people for a present- up to you whether they're decorated or not.

25. Well this one seems obvious now- make christmas decorations to put on your tree!

26. Use alternate forms of transport- trains, cars, bikes, horses- to run over your notes.

27. Attack with scissors, paint, glue, anything crafty and sell as 'Art'.

28. Cut into squares and blutack around various surfaces in your house. Serves no purpose, but is fun and terribly annoying to others!

29. Make paper pockets/bags. Do whatever with/to them.

30. Wear paper shreds and insist to anyone who will listen that you were abducted by aliens/ run over and now a ghost/ the government's eating your brain. That sort f crazed lunacy.

Okay that's enough for now. Enjoy your studynote torture get-togethers. Heheh I hope I inspired people...

ADFA327

HSC
Burning thems probably a bad idea. I'm a 1st year Arts student at UNSW and a lot of the stuff I did in year 11-12 came up in my course.

However the fire did get quite big when I threw my business studies notes on it.

lupin43

HSC
Dropdeadbored said:
17. Papier mache around a balloon, and make a punching bag that looks like your worst teacher/subject.
Dropdeadbored said:
how exactly do u make a punching bag look like ur worst subject?

lupin43

HSC
Dropdeadbored said:
Dropdeadbored said:
how exactly do u make a punching bag look like ur worst subject?

crazychic143566

HSC
ADFA327 said:
However the fire did get quite big when I threw my business studies notes on it.

OMG does business studies have ALOT of paper ... theres so much work that has to be done ... so glad thats over

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
ADFA327 said:
Burning thems probably a bad idea. I'm a 1st year Arts student at UNSW and a lot of the stuff I did in year 11-12 came up in my course.

What subjects are you do that referred to year 11-12 work?

maskd

HSC
dagwoman said:
What subjects are you do that referred to year 11-12 work?
I'm guessing English, and english-like courses (SAC, history, etc)

Dropdeadbored

HSC
lol ok making it look like your worst subject was a stupid thing to say lol.....

I was just trying to think of stuff to do. You could just make something look like your subject eg. equations and formulae for maths.

I'm not doing BA, but yeah I'm going to keep some stuff. Most likely doing something sciency, so I'm keeping the Keep it Simple Science booklets I have for Chemistry and Physics.

There's a burning party I'm going to, taking only a few things I really hate, such as English papers, and Extension 1 Maths exam paper.

For the rest of the stuff that I don't need, I was considering selling some of the notes/ study guides to year 11 students, but decided they don't deserve my help. Most of my stuff is readily available except for the awesome notes we made and compiled together as a group effort in class.

I am being environmentally aware and today I wanna go into town and get the stuff to make my own recycled paper.

Last edited:

mishyma

HSC
i spent all day last saturday throwing out paper n shit its was half a wheelie bin of paper..
but i kept the notes to remind myself of all the horrible times.

RainbowBrite

HSC
I rather like that idea about sending them to the Board of Studies. But I already threw out all my notes after each exam. I loved that feeling.

FOOKYAH

HSC
i like the idea of putting it in an envelope and sending it to some random adress then putting my returne adress on the back to see if i get anything back. haha.

cl3nta

HSC
People in my school tried selling them to younger years. they were successful too><
anyone wanna send me ther notes? I'll literally LOVE you for it:D hehe
--> rahulbedi@gmail.com <--

cheerios, enjoy those l o n g hols:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)