what are you going to change? (1 Viewer)

w00dy.

HSC
hello all once again.

i notice that we are all discussing our subject choices for year 12 and all that, but the more i browsed through these the more i came to wonder....

what else are you going to change? as you go into year 12 in only a matter of weeks.?

study routines, work habits, etc, etc

so i guess this is a question to you all... after all we are in prelim =]

for me id say it would definatly have to be the time management stuff, cutting back hours at work, and really starting to get more serious when it comes to study and what not

after figuring out what works and what doesnt i guess it can be said that now we are putting into practise the things we learnt...

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
Actually make IPT notes. The test is in six days, and I've got zilch knowledge of the course. :mad1:

Bractune

HSC
w00dy. said:
for me id say it would definatly have to be the time management stuff, cutting back hours at work, and really starting to get more serious when it comes to study and what not

after figuring out what works and what doesnt i guess it can be said that now we are putting into practise the things we learnt...
I was so like you guys a year ago then i decided that going to parties and working to go to parties was way more important then work.
Make sure you stay on top of it all
Good luck
P.s Dont take physics it is truly the spawn of satan

Agywaggy

HSC
Actually do work for a change and stop slacking off..... Get my notes done early and not till the final few days before exams, Not work that much and My biggest problem time management i can't manage my time properly at all, hence me failing like every one of my subjects....
I think another thing i want to change is how I study.....

Goodluck to all

kloudsurfer

HSC
I think I need to limit my Internet usage . My internet was broken on my laptop for like 2 weeks so I only went on the internet once! Its a huge distraction for me, especially if Im using my computer to type up an essay or make study notes or something. Especially Bos, its so easy to come here to check something or ask a question and end up reading random irrelevant threads.

Also Study notes!!!!! I only made crappy illegible handwritten ones like a week before exams for the first half of the year, only just started makng them properly after last holidays. I was going so well with them until assesments came around, and then I didnt make any at all. But then I was catching up on them yesterday and what do I find? Half the answers to my Biology Assesment!!!!!!!!(which I had ended up handing in crappily done because I couldnt find half the answers)!!!!!!!

The moral of the story is, boy and girls, to make study notes as you go, despite assesments or homework or whatever. I learnt that the hard way.

I am actually going to actually DO MY MATHS WORK!!!!!! Ive gotten 70's all year, except for this one time when I actually studied and came first with 98% :). So I know Im capable of doing it, I just have to keep on top of the work.

I also plan to get a tutor/s. When you start correcting your chemistry and biology teachers on a regular basis you know youre in trouble (either that, or you're a super genius which I am not lol).

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
A lot of students, including myself and I am sure a large majority of the 06 HSC students have said they were going to make the exact same changes but it rarely happens. My advice is be realistic if you really want these changes to happen you need to put plans in place and get started and stick to it early on in HSC year otherwise it will most likely not happen.

Just do what works best for you to ensure that all assessments are handed in on time and done to the best of your ability. I believe one of my HSC resolutions was to not have any late nighters or last minute assessment task finishes and I pretty much achieved that with the latest I have stayed up to complete an assignment being 12am.

punkoohi

HSC
i just want to manage my time better and be more organised, then i know i could do everything to the best of my ability

......oh, and not to be so lazy (that wont be hard *cough*cough*) lolzz nuhh i reckon its all mental, like how you look at it. or me its easier to think "do i want to be lazy now and regret it when i get my result back" and to motivate myself, i just think "its one assessment, just do it itll help" you know?

-pari-

HSC
N/A
things i know i'm gnna have to do

- as a perfectionist & a crap time manager
* start early, get things done quicker so i have more time for revision at the end.

- i'll also be increasing the amount of breaks i have. and in general taking things easy: consistency is the key not frantic stressing.

- i'll be plannin for ahead....i guess that comes under time managment?

- not planning to cut back on my break time or what i do in that time. it's small enough as it is. but i will be trying to focus more on my work when i do sit down to study. i let myself get distracted to easily.

zangetsu.xo

BANGSAT LOOO
anywhere with a bowl of rice and chopsticks in han
HSC
i'm actually going to make study notes as i go along and keep on top of my work. to limit my time randomly browsing the net- this goes out to the rest of you myspacers. i know its hell addictive but i've come to the realisation that me reaching my desired UAI of 86+ requires me to stop checking out other people's profiles and start cracking down.

oh and i'm gonna need to learn those sentence srtuctures and vocab for japanese. im so bad at that...

and hopefully get a tutor? for english and japanese. both 3unit.
any recommendations?

hope everyone does well in their end of year exams!

ice ken

HSC
i was suppose to be more dedicated this year. but ive slipped in chemistry 20-18. chem yr 11 was helll easy. im still so lazy cant even sit down and study straight for like 20 minutes at home i always get distracted sum how.

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
Time management, study habits, and time management. Cut down on internet usage as well. I know that I'll have to do those things to stand a chance of getting the UAI I need, but I don't know if that's actually going to happen :(

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
I should do my h/w or at least attempt it each night, sleep early, less internet and clean my tables often but sadly I probably won't. lol.

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
lol yeah, I need to get adequate sleep every night - 8 hours sleep.
Gonna quit my sports for a year - swapping to the gym.
Stick key points etc on my walls.
Do past papers when it comes to exam time.
And possibly get a tutor for chem - my chem teacher ain't too good :(

501n2u

HSC
- Sleep a lot more... hahas be in bed by 10pm (except Friday & Saturday nights)
- Actually do ALL my school and tutoring hw
- Finish assessment tasks at least 2-3 days before it's due
- Not come online unless it's necessary ^^"

kloudsurfer

HSC
501n2u said:
- Sleep a lot more... hahas be in bed by 10pm (except Friday & Saturday nights)
- Actually do ALL my school and tutoring hw
- Finish assessment tasks at least 2-3 days before it's due
- Not come online unless it's necessary ^^"
Ah, sleep. Thats one I need to work on too. At least 8 hours every night (hopefully)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)