What are you going to do if your UAI = crap? (1 Viewer)

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
I was just thinking about how I haven't been going as well in the exams as I'd like to be, when the shocking realisation came to me that it's possible I won't get the UAI I want.

I mean, you might think you did well, but in the end it's impossible to know what you UAI is until you get it.

So what are you going to do next year if you don't get into uni?

Kalashnikov

Perish the thought....

I'd probably cry and be really hard on myself.
Then try for a TAFE course and transfer to uni later.
Or wait till I'm 21 and enter as a mature age student.

Any combination of the above is possible.

HSC
When you do apply for UNI, I think they still look at your UAI, don't they? Anyone from UNI knows how the system works?

Bo-batron

HSC
If my UAI turns out to be crap, therefore I wouldn't be able to get into uni?
..I'd think, thank goodness I haven't applied for uni!! :p

SlipStream

HSC
If my UAI turns out crap, I'll be disappointed but I won't dwell on it.

Nobody else should dwell on it - if you screw up, you screw up. Have a little tear, ok, but pick yourself up and plan a different course of attack. You can't change the past, so there's no point worrying about it. :)

syaozukino

HSC
worried...

yes, i am afraid that my uai is going to be crap as well..

im just wondering.. my ranks are school are pretty good (top 5 for all) but like is that going to help my uai?

im so worried

coz im stuffed up the hsc..

and abt not getting into uni coz i didnt want it enough.. makes sense!!!

oh, and we're still able to add/delete/change our uac preferences AFTER we get our uais right? (like until soemtime in january)?

if these are misconceptions, please reply!!!

sigh.. im just glad at least half of it is over...

2 wks until absolute bliss!

Santah

HSC
apply for a qld university

or

redo a couple of subjects at tafe to fix up my uai

or

do a tafe diploma and apply for uni after completion of said diploma

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
murder/suicide :D
Haha, my friend asked me about going away for a few days in January and I'm like sure... Oh, wait, that's if I'm still alive in January...

*squimmy*

HSC
don't worry

hey my uai is gonna be so shit its not funny, due to a poor amount of care for the matter. but luckily, i do care about gettin into uni so i hav explored about every other way there is to gtet into uni in qld and i assume alot of the systems are similar in nsw. at qut, i want to gain entry to a bach. of applied sci in human movement studies, uai of 85 is needed, so i rang qut and to my delight, i was told that if i complete a diploma of any sort at tafe and maintain a gpa of 4(pass everything) my uai will go to like 87. so thats my plan. people its so simple, theres about a thousand backdoors into uni, and they arent that hard to find

HSC
id probably be ashamed if i dont beat my sisters record of 96 TER (ie. 98 UAI) in my family, im bracing myself for the shaming as i might "only" get low 90s

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
#23 said:
When you do apply for UNI, I think they still look at your UAI, don't they? Anyone from UNI knows how the system works?
No, your UAI has an 'expiry date', it is why once you get to 21 you can get into uni regardless of your UAI, through schemes such as Open Foundation.

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
if ig et serioulsy crap.....like below 70, ill just kill myself......happily:D

HSC
Casmira said:
id probably be ashamed if i dont beat my sisters record of 96 TER (ie. 98 UAI) in my family, im bracing myself for the shaming as i might "only" get low 90s
lol prepare for the worse now. u want above 98 uai and your doing standard english and general maths (it says on your profile)..... good luck casmira, you'll need it.

ashbashmccrash

im gunna go to tafe anyway...my marks arnt as good as i would have liked them so ill do a mortuarty practice certificate level 3 and then ill eventually join the police force.....there are so many bak ways into getting into your course so i wouldnt freak if you dnt get the marks you need!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)