hiya
for 2u maths, what are you guys up to?
we're just finishing off basic algebra and surds

what topics have u guys done
and what' s coming next?

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
wrapping up functions (domain/range, continuous and discontinuous graphs and just graphing all the crap), getting ready to start geometry by the looks of it.

HSC
yeah my class is still doing basic revising stuff. so far i did basic arithmatic and algebra, surds, factorisation and equations. just did the absolute function today. since you have just done the basic algebra and surds, i think you might be doing factorisation or equations next if you haven't done it yet.

Estel

Tutor
HSC
Are your 2U and 3U classes all separate or something?

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
we have done 10 chapters of yellow 2u fitz book and 2 from the 3u fitz book

HSC
am i the only one here who does 2u maths only??? anyway the 2u and 3u classes are separate. all 2u only classes(3 classes)complete from the jones and couchmann txtbook and the 3u students (consists of only 1 class) use the maths in focus txtbook.

Last edited:

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
we have2, 3u classes and 2 2u classes...we use jones and couchmann and its so old and error ridden

im doing trig now...did co-ord geo and functions

Estel

Tutor
HSC
Heh my class is up to t/2 substitution... we haven't done functions yet... that's our next topic. I get a bit worried when my teacher laughs and says it'll only take a week for us to cover it...

virgin^sexy

ctn, t9
HSC
i only do 2u. we have two 2u classes, but they are divided according to whether or not you are doing ext. so all the girls who do ext together are in one 2u class, and we are separate from them.

we started off doing functions and have just finished most of trigonometry. we were told we couldnt do basic arithmetic, algebra and surds first because they are the easy topics, and some students might do well in that and then when it gets to the harder topics (eg functions etc) they might want to drop to general but by then it could be too late.

so we are just starting on the basic stuff now because those topics are included in our first assessment task which is first week of next term.

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
Originally posted by Estel
Heh my class is up to t/2 substitution... we haven't done functions yet... that's our next topic. I get a bit worried when my teacher laughs and says it'll only take a week for us to cover it...
u mean t formula? trig?

billbro

HSC
N/A
We are finishing sequences and series (need to do mathematical induction). We also used S. B. Jones and K. E. Couchman but since im doing Ext 1 we are working from that. In the 3unit textbook we have done the first 11 chps.

I have an assessment tomorrow for 2u on Basic Arithmetic, Algebra, Factorisation and Equations....hopefully I can actually recall some of the things we have done.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
mathematical induction is the most hellish thing ever! i hated it! :chainsaw:

Sugar

HSC
I had a 2 unit maths test today! :chainsaw:

We just finished doing absolute values, inequalities and how to graph it.

ZeGoat

brown!
HSC
Originally posted by Sugar
I had a 2 unit maths test today! :chainsaw:

We just finished doing absolute values, inequalities and how to graph it.
we had one yesterday, which i suppose was the same day as yours... we were tested on inequlities, absolute values, indices, basic arithmetic and algebra and functions...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)