What are your assessments like? (1 Viewer)

thehootman

HSC
Hey all!

Just wanting to know what other school's assessment tasks are like.

At my school, we build a model (eg electric motor, wind-powered lifting device) and submit a written report to accompany it. I really like this way as I am good at building things as well as theory, however, some really suck at it.

How does this compare to other schools?

HSC
We made a balsa wood truss, solar car and rockets. All where pretty fun. Making a wind powered lifting device sounds like fun aswell.

2syllables

Dango Daikazoku
HSC
lets see

1. Civil Structures - Built truss bridge out of balsa wood

2. Lifting Devices - hypothetical crane company on site using a mobile crane to pick some transfomer thingy - SOOO much calculations!!! - they pretty hard too

HSC
ummm we dun make n e thing, or go on trips n shyt, our assessments are huge and it covers the whole syllabus
i actuali asked my teacher 2day y we dun make stuff like otha schools, n he said "so we can finish quicker".....i say he is right, we r doin the last topic, n we will finish in about 1.5 weeks then we will jus revise...and the other day i found out that some schools are 3 cores behind us! o well, goodluck 2 all of u ppl!:)

thehootman

HSC
Please type with proper grammar and spelling. I find that excruciating to read ;)

HSC
thehootman said:
Please type with proper grammar and spelling. I find that excruciating to read ;)
yes, i second that! Making the models is all about fun, and learning a little on the way. Engineering is pretty much the only subject i actually do have fun in so i think making the models is worth it! You should have some fun at school.

dim987654321

HSC
my school does 5 reports (the best three count), a half yearly exam ,trials and a folio of drawings that we hand in at the end of the course.

Famguy

HSC
My school has theory tests for engineering we dont build models or nothing, pretty hard though

Civil Structures: Engineering Report on Bridges
Perosnal and Public Transport : Triangulation Tests
Braking Systems

scuba05

HSC
Our assessments have to be the easiest.
Iv just handed in an exam a few weeks ago. No its not a typo, i handed in an exam. We took the test home, and then brought it back completed. How stupid and easy is that.
Other than that, we have done 1 engineering report, which was entered into a competition, which we won 2 awards and $375, not bad for just doin an assessment:p
We also built a bridge from radiata pine(our school is chat as, cant afford balsa:p use whatever we have). Ours withheld some 150kg+. Other than that, only 1/2yrls and yrls.

Our school is really shit, everything is dodgy.

qmaz

HSC
we had to make a bridge out of spaghetti, thin kind not tubular

mine held 30kg's

those italians and their spaghetti

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)