What are your reasons for going to university? (1 Viewer)

SweetSeasons

HSC
1st year out, I wante dto go 2 uni.. cause I wasn't sure what I wanted to do, it was either science teaching or timber/metal teaching.. I did science for a year and found I didn't enjoy it so I transferd.

I would have like to of had a year off, but then I would have done science in 06 and gone shit.. now I've lost 2 years.. so yeah pretty much I went to uni so I didn't lose time, if I didn't enjoy what I was doing.

and yeah, I need a double degree to do high school teaching so yeah.. here I am :)

Season

HSC
lots of things but mainly these ones

>>Its pretty hard to get a well paid, respected, interesting job without some sort of university degree. Its very rare to find really really really successful people around without them, it opens most the doors

>>You'll be able to go to school with a couple thousand people, new friends, new parties, new drunken adventures with a bunch of awesome people

>>Studying the subjects you want to do is fun, and enjoyable

>>what else would you do? Definitely don't want to settle down or start working a full time job, want to be young stupid and immature. University seems to be the ultimate platform to do so.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
I've always wanted to go to uni cause I like learning. I love to read, write and well learn as much about contemporary history and literature as I can.

And that's about it. Don't particularly care about the job aspect. I'll figure it out when I'm done.

hellomike

HSC
Going to university gives you a discipline and influence to study and use your skills when you go into the industry. I am fully equipped with theory and I can apply that with experience I get when I finish my degree. Also, having a degree means I am accomplishing something in my life. Not to say you have to go to university to do this but it is up to the individual and the choice he/she makes.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Tulipa said:
I've always wanted to go to uni cause I like learning. I love to read, write and well learn as much about contemporary history and literature as I can.

And that's about it. Don't particularly care about the job aspect. I'll figure it out when I'm done.
Me too. I have a bad habit of wanting to know everything about everything, so I figure that uni'll help me with some of it.

HSC
my job needs it, well i guess to have a more chance of getting a well paid job.

parents?

casue everyone else is too... * follows the crowd*

HSC
being in a boys high school for the last 6 years i hope to smell the stench of pussy. oh and i want a good future.

Dimsimmer

Random User
HSC
The reason I want to attend uni is that I prefer a relatively comfortable job which isnt physically demanding. A little bit of it is alright, but too much of it can give you problems. Also with those physically demanding jobs, if you make mistakes you could get told off and you're usually being watched and told what to do by your boss, which isn't fun at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)