• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What area/topic of history was your major work? (1 Viewer)

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
omgosh
that would be like half our grade
I don't like my teacher much she sort of throws the work at us and thats it. I get other teachers to help me instead

Vampire Maharet

hey people

I'm doing the HSc this year and evidently i'm doing history x as a subjectfor my topic ive chosen to do a local history of the town I live in and how its changed over time.Should be pretty interesting.

SPX

Geez, PLC has three classes. Dam, anyway I'm doing a study on perspectives of historians like Goldhagen and Browning who say Germans were or weren't guilty of Holocaust. As in the people not gov't.

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
well, our history extension class has a uge amount of people.... actually, we only have two, and thats including me! project wise, im taking a mythological/biblical figure, and examining how cultural representations of it have changed over time. although i havent put much work into it yet... been too busy with all these bloody stimulus materials... anyone read the one by Elton? talk about boring!

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
The historiography stuff is better than the case study...........of all the things we're doing Elizabeth, the most boring topic our school could have chosen.
I just want to do my History Project and thats it.

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
don't worry, our class is doing Elizabeth too... havent started it yet though :|

Generator

HSC
N/A
Robert de Bruce... assessing the validity of the myths surrounding his struggle for independence.
The myths examined were the encounter with the spider (did it happen at all, did it he witness it or was it seen by James Douglas?), a challenge with an English Knight (Did the challenge take place, did the other knight exist?) and what happened to his heart during the crusades against the moors in Spain (was it thrown in battle, or did the Good Sir James, the Black Douglas to the English, keep it on his chest?).

That was back in 2001, and my eventual mark was 38.

We had a class of 18, which was split into roughly 3 groups for 3 different case studies: Tacitus, Elisabeth and Napoleon.

I'm actually handing in my proposal today... I'm looking at the Black Athena theory (origins of Greeks and their culture) and the way that this has come about.

1 more

fructis
HSC
i considered the changing nature of the function of Russian art in its integration with the Russian political climate.

i worded it somewhat better than that at the time too :D

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
well... i handed my proposal in today... despite my desires to do something original and weird, i ended up settling on something a tad lacklustre:
"Is 'Apocalypse Now' an accurate representation of the Vietnam War"

pretty straightforward... but as its marked internally (and we only have 2 people in our class) i didnt feel the need to take unneccesary risks :jedi:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)