My school was 49 ranking last year.
Approximate rankings:
Maths ext 2: 24/28
Maths ext 1 30/68
Music 2: 9/10
Music ext: 5/5
Chemistry: 4/70
English: 50/187

I am really interested in doing dentistry. My school has presented me with an atar estimate of 90-95% using their system. (I am assuming i am near the bottom half of the range)
Since I was mostly interested in Chem Eng at the beginning of the year i let myself cruise by (now learning the consequences), if i PULL MYSELF together would it be possible to achieve 99.7%.
If so what marks do i have to get in my HSC.

Thanks so much for the help. i have attached my marks in the images

Attachments

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
From this information, your performance appears to be consistent with an ATAR between 90 and 93.

Chemistry and Mathematics Extension 1 seem to be your best-performing subjects, and are therefore likely to make a positive contribution to your ATAR. For this reason, it is important that you do your utmost to prepare for your HSC exams, which will hopefully allow you to solidify your overall performance in both subjects and bring you closer to your ATAR goal.

The same can be suggested regarding your position in English Advanced, although perhaps to a slightly lower extent. Based on this, you may wish to consider placing a slightly stronger emphasis on your preparations for your English Advanced HSC exam to ensure that this subject makes a sufficiently positive contribution to your ATAR.

On the other hand, Mathematics Extension 2, Music 2 and Music Extension appear to be your lowest-performing subjects. This could indicate the need to focus on these subjects the most as you approach your HSC exams. My understanding is that Music Extension is assessed through a submission or performance component rather than an HSC exam paper. If you have already completed this component, then hopefully you did well.

In terms of your ATAR aim, I think that, while it is definitely significantly higher than your current performance, it may be achievable. However, this will be difficult, as you require high HSC exam marks to have a chance of reaching an ATAR that high. As a bare minimum, you should aim for band 6's/E4's across your subjects. The higher your HSC exam marks are from that point, the higher your chances of achieving your ATAR goal.

I hope this helps! :D

ScuffedlineTV

HSC
From this information, your performance appears to be consistent with an ATAR between 90 and 93.

Chemistry and Mathematics Extension 1 seem to be your best-performing subjects, and are therefore likely to make a positive contribution to your ATAR. For this reason, it is important that you do your utmost to prepare for your HSC exams, which will hopefully allow you to solidify your overall performance in both subjects and bring you closer to your ATAR goal.

The same can be suggested regarding your position in English Advanced, although perhaps to a slightly lower extent. Based on this, you may wish to consider placing a slightly stronger emphasis on your preparations for your English Advanced HSC exam to ensure that this subject makes a sufficiently positive contribution to your ATAR.

On the other hand, Mathematics Extension 2, Music 2 and Music Extension appear to be your lowest-performing subjects. This could indicate the need to focus on these subjects the most as you approach your HSC exams. My understanding is that Music Extension is assessed through a submission or performance component rather than an HSC exam paper. If you have already completed this component, then hopefully you did well.

In terms of your ATAR aim, I think that, while it is definitely significantly higher than your current performance, it may be achievable. However, this will be difficult, as you require high HSC exam marks to have a chance of reaching an ATAR that high. As a bare minimum, you should aim for band 6's/E4's across your subjects. The higher your HSC exam marks are from that point, the higher your chances of achieving your ATAR goal.

I hope this helps! :D
ok thank you so much, i shall start my grind. you gave me hope :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)