What ATAR do you think I will get with my subjects? (1 Viewer)

dalalxa

HSC
HI, my name is Dalal and Im completely HSC in 2015, just wondering what atar i will get with my subjects:
(I am trying to aim the marks throughout year 12, hopefully)

English Standard - 70
Pdhpe - 70
CAFS - 60
SOC - 85
Retail - 80
Im just scared of the work load, but im trying to be postive about it and open my options. Aiming for a 76 Atar* and wanting to do social work at UNO/USyd/UWS

dalalxa

HSC
What do you mean? These are the marks I am aiming to get in HSC

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey Dalal - its moi!

With those marks, you're looking at a 60. If you can elevate your CAFS, PDH, and Eng to a 75-80, you can score a good 75+. If you can get a band 6 in Retail it'll also lift you up - try to focus on getting a band 6 in retail...I know you like that subject. Really look at lifting your CAFS mark because scaling is horrible. Start studying from now.

sio2y

HSC
HI, my name is Dalal and Im completely HSC in 2015, just wondering what atar i will get with my subjects:
(I am trying to aim the marks throughout year 12, hopefully)

English Standard - 70
Pdhpe - 70
CAFS - 60
SOC - 85
Retail - 80
Im just scared of the work load, but im trying to be postive about it and open my options. Aiming for a 76 Atar* and wanting to do social work at UNO/USyd/UWS
I put your marks in an ATAR calculator: http://www.atarcalculator.com.au/
ATAR estimate = 53.75
Cut offs for bachelor of social work in USYD has gone from the high 80s to the low 80s. This trend suggest that in 2015 the cut offs will be even lower. However if you do get the marks you are aiming for you wont be able to make it As your subjects are quite low scaling you should try to aim higher! Just make sure you make a plan and stick to it and I'm sure you'll get the ATAR you want.

dalalxa

HSC
Yeah,my subjects are quite low.. Hopefully i can get at least 3 80's in my subjects to boost me up.(which is the plan hopefully) Thank you!

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad
ATAR calculators don't take into consideration subject ranks, module selections, school rank etc. It plays with raw marks, not moderated/scales marks, so you may have the opportunity to actually exceed that 53.75. A 70 in standard may scale to a 73/4 depending on the exam, and your modules etc. As sio2y said "aim higher". Don't be content with a mark you not you could do better in. And UWS gives you bonus points as well for going to a school in the GWS region, so you'll need only a 70 or so to get in.

Narbs96

HSC
If i have 11 units, how much can 1 unit of a 2 unit course bring down my atar? I am expecting band 5s/6s in my other subjects besides maths which honestly I will get around 60 (if lucky). I do/did: cafs, pe, bio, english, SOR1 and gen maths. Please help :) I just don't want to feel disappointed on results day!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)