What ATAR will these marks get + how to improve? (1 Viewer)

Mkynaston

HSC
What ATAR am I on track for and what type of result will I need in each subject in the HSC exams to get above 90.
These are my current results:
Advanced English: Rank-6/23 Mark-86
Advanced Maths: Rank-2/16 Mark-88
Biology: Rank-3/22 Mark-89
Ancient History: Rank-4/69 Mark-94
Business Studies: Rank-1/24 Mark-92
PDHPE: Rank-3/34 Mark-85

My school is ranked just outside the top 200.

I would like to achieve a 90 ATAR, and my school being quite poorly ranked, my goal was to be in the top 3-5 in each subject. So far I have largely achieved this, although I think I can improve my rank during the trials. Also worth noting is that the assessments so far have not been extremely challenging and as a result my marks may be slightly exaggerated.

Roughly what marks will I need in each subject for the HSC exams to get an ATAR of 90 based on my current status?

Although I am largely happy with my marks, I want to keep improving. So far I've compiled summary notes for each subject. Should I just memorize these and then practice past papers to prepare for the trials/HSC exams. What do you guys suggest?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kolmias

HSC
Improve your PDHPE mark as it's got shit scaling. Work harder on English as that will affect your ATAR more then maths.

Nahcal

HSC
Wow nice marks, very jealous! If you maintain these scores you are definitely on track for 90 and above. You can always improve on every subject but especially maths and english. Atm it looks like PDHPE wont contribute to your atar. Have you considered dropping a subject? Anyways keep on this track and I am sure you will achieve your goal! Goodluck to you!!

authenticity

Povo Child
HSC
Based on other people's predictions, you're already 90+. An "unconventional" (I guess?) way to improve your marks is to drop a subject. You have 12 units so far. Keep in mind that only 10 will count. This means, you're basically "wasting" 2 units worth of hours on a subject that won't even count. Why not use that time and divide it 5 ways to allow you to focus on your remaining 10 units better? It feels scary when everything you do counts, but it's also so nice how much more time you'll gain from it (assuming you use it effectively lol). Also the extra time will help you get to your goal (being ranked top 3-5) and potentially even better.

Just my two cents :)

leehuan

HSC
Can you just keep pushing? if you consistently try to work hard then NO ATAR is out of your reach
Based on other people's predictions, you're already 90+. An "unconventional" (I guess?) way to improve your marks is to drop a subject. You have 12 units so far. Keep in mind that only 10 will count. This means, you're basically "wasting" 2 units worth of hours on a subject that won't even count. Why not use that time and divide it 5 ways to allow you to focus on your remaining 10 units better? It feels scary when everything you do counts, but it's also so nice how much more time you'll gain from it (assuming you use it effectively lol). Also the extra time will help you get to your goal (being ranked top 3-5) and potentially even better.

Just my two cents :)
Nah that differs from person to person. The two people at my school that beat my ATAR were on 12 units.

Mkynaston

HSC
I've considered dropping a subject, but I like the thought of a safety net, just in case something goes drastically wrong. Its a hard decision. Also I know I need to improve my English, but its honesty my worst subject and if it wasn't compulsory, I definitely would have dropped it. My brain is much more geared towards maths etc than being creative :/. Anyway thanks for the advice guys.

authenticity

Povo Child
HSC
Can you just keep pushing? if you consistently try to work hard then NO ATAR is out of your reach

Nah that differs from person to person. The two people at my school that beat my ATAR were on 12 units.
Fair enough. That's entirely possible as well. What ATAR did you get? :O

iforgotmyname

Metallic Oxide
HSC
93ish at the moment, your rank is really good, but I think it would be best if you had a look at how much band 6 was achieved last year at your school over the years for each of your subjects and see how close you are to the b6 range. Anyways, keep up the good work, you will make it :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)