What audio/video system you running? (1 Viewer)

gna

HSC
Hey guys and girls.

I can see a few threads about car audio and stuff. Thought i'd start a thread just to see what everyone is running at the moment..

I'll kickoff. Just a basic system to start off with, until i get a pay rise :D

Alpine CDA-9857
Focal Polyglass 165V2
Alpine MRV-F345
Alpine SWR-1242D
Stock rear fill

Sub is underpowered at the moment...but later on going to get a monoblock to run them, just short on cash and the most important thing deadening!!!!

No sound deadening as of yet. Going to be selling car soon, wouldn't want a buyer to see drillings and holes...

What you guys and girls got?

:D:D:D

petar13

Tanzkommandant
HSC
N/A
I have to admit, those serial number designations mean nothing to me. I am not at all familiar with Alpine, so are those splits or coaxials? What is the individual component wattage? How much did it all cost? Can you objectively comment on the system's quality?

gna

HSC
The CDA 9857 is the unit. Doesn't really have any tuning features available.
The Focals are the splits, 75W RMS.
The F345 is the 4 channel amp 4x75W and 1x300W @ 4ohm.
The 1242 is a Type R sub 500w RMS @ 4ohm.

I got all the parts for 1380. The spilts are pretty clear, i do get a bit of boot rattle, which i need to get the deadening to cut it out, the sub is quite punchy, can handle the metallica solo's also keeps up with the trance beats, gives a fair amount of bass with R&B, a mix of SPL and SQ, if your not looking to go over the top.
The spilts are very nice for the price they retail at (about $440). As focal are known for the sound components. Also a nice entry/mid level amp, though i'm underpowering the sub, but still drawing enough out of it for now.
I'd recommend Alpine for anyone who's just looking into entry level, until they have a higher budget for things such as IDMAX, DD, Audison, Eclipse, Focal, Boston etc..or unless you're really high roller then you can get Rainbow and the Naka whatever Japanese Hu brand.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Ok mine is:

HU: VDO CD138 basically an entry level unit with pre-amps
Front Speakers: Pioneer TS-G1610R again an entry level item 160w max, 30w rms
Rear Speakers: Some volvo 5x7 or somesuch acquired free at a wreckers. I have a second set of Pioneers but havn't put them in because I havnt got around to making encolsures (dont want to cut the parcel shelf).
Amp: Kenwood KAC-6201 nothing fantabulous here either 350wx1 max I'm running it at somewhere in the region of 150w rms x1 (aprox because of impedance).
Sub: Kenwood 12" (no I'm not unscrewing it to check the model) 900w max, 350w RMS.

Total cost was around $450 including wiring excluding any labour as I installed it all myself.

Objective appraisal: while it doesnt rattle peoples windows from 2km away (which would egotistically be nice) it goes loud and stays clear. The bass is impressive being able to have the effect of hitting me in the back (in the drivers seat) whilst not going as loud as it can. The interior speakers are quite clear and provide enough treble for my listening.

The only upgrades I would consider are:
*Replacing the rear speakers with the pioneers
*Replacing the HU with an mp3 compatible one
*Adding some tweeters

Oh and as an anal note gna the title should have been: "What In car Entertainment (ICE) are you running?"

HSC
HU: stock (mp3 compatible)
Front/rear speakers: stock- clean treble, good stock bass
Amp: MTX RT251D monobloc 250w rms
Sub: Sony Xplod 12" 1300w max, 380w rms

my sub is underpowered, but i quite enjoy the back massage i get from the bass without even having to go half way on the volume knob. ...and i think my eyes are getting bad from looking in teh rear view mirror, coz its all just a blur.

got everything + install for under $500.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
My sound setup is still pretty stock at the moment;

HU: Honda (stock) deck with 6stack MP3/WMA (w/ folder and ID3 tag support) + Steering wheel controls
... connected to an Alpine converter

Amp: Rockford Fosgate P4004 (4ch) (Birth sheet states 98+ W RMS per ch; as opposed to specs of 50W RMS)

Sub: Rockford Fosgate Punch P1

... planning to add in a pair of RF P162S (dual-tweeters) for the front to make use of the other 2 channels on my amp sometime in the next month or so. First paycheck! :D

Pace_T

HSC
ahhhhhhhhhhhh i got everyting stock. some ppl said its alright but i dont think its very good. i have the music very loud all the time when i m driving and i still have stock speakers lol i need more money

DaddyK

Is out drifting
Behind the wheel Car: XB coupe - sideways
HSC
head unit: Kenwood MP333
front speakers: 4" clarion
rear: 6x9 kenwood 350 watts
amp: 2 channel sound storm 800W 250rms per channel
sub: Sony xplode 12" 1200 wat 350 rms.

It pumps hard.

7th Sign

HSC
good Kenwood front and rear speakers their alright...
Schnider german head unit with detachable face all the usuall head unit bs its got a pretty good internal amp in it like way better then most other head units...
no sub and no amp...might get some when I get the cash....but atm I am spending cash on other bs...:D

7th Sign

HSC
natstar said:
Oh and id like to add, anyone with anytype of video/DVD player in their car is a loser. What is the point?

umm music videos maby.....I have a few thousand of them....its great crusing around with music videos playing...well on my old car it was good....

gna

HSC
I was going to put ICE, but that term is used more for full deck out system.

Also natstar your a tool. I'd like to get a In Car DVD player, but i just don't have the cash. Music videos, movies, comedians..

each to their own, but you can't seem to respect other people's personal preference.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I think he's just referring to the lack of usefulness of having a DVD player when driving and the risk/threat it poses to the safety of both the driver/passengers and other vehicles/people on the road.

I wouldn't say that it's a loserish thing to do; but for a lot of people, the money could probably be spent on better/more useful things... but then for some, having a DVD player in their car could have it's benefits- particularly if they are like me and spend quite a bit of time sitting in the car waiting to pick up a sibling or if they want to make use of the LCD/touch screen for other things (sat nav perhaps?).

On the topic of dvd players- you guys seen the LCDs on the visors? They look awesome- although, I can't help but think their use is somewhat limited...

Pace_T

HSC
natstar said:
Oh and id like to add, anyone with anytype of video/DVD player in their car is a loser. What is the point?
natstar said:
Your not respecting my personal preference with being against the use of DVD monitors in cars, by calling me a tool.
ur not respecting other peoples personal preferences by calling them losers because they like to have DVD players and whatnot in their car.

natstar said:
The only place I see DVD monitors being of use is in large family car's for long trips etc, where they will be used by people sitting at the back. Not for stupid teenagers in their fully sik cars trying to look good.
didn't u say "anyone with anytype of video/DVD player in their car is a loser. "? make up ur mind omg. if anything, i think the hoons i nthe car would more likely have people in the back seat rather than a businessman that mainly drives to work and back each weekday.

ur an idiot

DaddyK

Is out drifting
Behind the wheel Car: XB coupe - sideways
HSC
natstar said:
Your not respecting my personal preference with being against the use of DVD monitors in cars, by calling me a tool.

The only place I see DVD monitors being of use is in large family car's for long trips etc, where they will be used by people sitting at the back. Not for stupid teenagers in their fully sik cars trying to look good.
I agree....why the fuck would you want to watch movies when your driving. In my opinion there a stupid waste of money for hektik kids in there ricers.

gna

HSC
I don't agree.

I don't drive a rice car, just a normally sedan. Just having it there is good whenever you may need to use it. Such as having to wait for people.

Stop stereotyping as well. Also if someone has the money why not? It's their money.

pottsy44

HSC
gna said:
I don't agree.

I don't drive a rice car, just a normally sedan. Just having it there is good whenever you may need to use it. Such as having to wait for people.

Stop stereotyping as well. Also if someone has the money why not? It's their money.
waiting for people usually takes 5-10mins, what the fuck are u going to watch during that time, ur time will be better spent listening to music, hence your money will be better spent.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Not if you've got slow-ass asian parents to wait for!... but yeh, I still agree that I find it hard to find the use of putting the DVD screen and so on in your car unless you can use it for other stuff like satnav (or your current HU just sucks majorly and you are in need of a great new look?)... *shrugs* If I had the cash to buy the DVD unit, I'd rather buy kickass speakers instead; but hey, everyone can have their own choice- besides, it's their money, they're obviously gonna use it to buy the thing which they feel will benefit them the most.

gna

HSC
pottsy44 said:
waiting for people usually takes 5-10mins, what the fuck are u going to watch during that time, ur time will be better spent listening to music, hence your money will be better spent.
what if i'm bored of the music? also i do sometimes wait longer that it. also what's with your fucking attitude. this thread was started normally. i'll spend how the fuck i want with my money without you saying stupid ricer boys and shit like that you stereotypical cockblock.

alexxxz

HSC
panasonic mp3+aux in hd
mtx thunder series 6 inch splits
pioneer 2 way 6 inch rears
sansui 12inch sub + generic 250wrms amp
full carpc system with 7inch screen, 2.53 celeron with 8000 songs at touch of button + movies everywhere running via dc-dc psu.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)