What bos said about the sor 2009 hsc exam (1 Viewer)

elias.p

HSC
Stop complaining. What did you expect a simple question such as"Evaluate a significant practice for the individual and community". Really, it was quite simple. Apply your knowlege of all 3 aspects of the syllabus & answer a question. The left side of the syllabus says you must know the impact on the religious tradition in the life of adherents. Just becuase you didn;t get the question which you memorized an essay for doesn't mean you got screwed. You are just not religious materail like others.

HSC
Stop complaining. What did you expect a simple question such as"Evaluate a significant practice for the individual and community". Really, it was quite simple. Apply your knowlege of all 3 aspects of the syllabus & answer a question. The left side of the syllabus says you must know the impact on the religious tradition in the life of adherents. Just becuase you didn;t get the question which you memorized an essay for doesn't mean you got screwed. You are just not religious materail like others.
you are a legend! Hi 5!
i agree with you 100%

zazzy1234

Banned
HSC
personally i think it was the syllabus, i dont think that BOS is that stupid 2 give u a question of the syallbus, i think people just memorised the txt book n found the question worded in such a way that u cannot write word for word of the txt book in the question. SO GET OVER IT!!!!!!!!!!!.

ur just all complaining coz uz dont have a brain to b creative and interpret the question.

Skaps

HSC
The problem with the SOR question this year is it asked a question an inteligent human would be able to answer, but a regurgitating machine that had a prepared answer wouldn't.

and i think that's the problem. The Board of studies is confused on their opinion on regurgitation vs a complete understanding of the topic.

In some subjects and even some questions within that SOR exam (section 1, 2) regurgitation was the way to go. A quick, mindless answer that wouldn't evne need to be thought about in the exam. I could go into the exam having my own mental fantasy and just write what i memorized the night before.

The board of studies has in a way "trained" students (like how you'd train dogs, but replace treats with marks), to regurgitate; but the Board doesn't know they're training students to do this, they sending mixed messages, saying "No don't regurgitate essays" and then turning around and giving those who do regurgitate full marks.

So when one of the Examiners wrote up section 3, he set a question that if you had studied the quotes in the Quran, the Hajj, baptism, whatever you did, with the purpose of LEARNING MORE ABOUT THE TRADITION, rather than with the purpose writing a pre-planned answer for the sake of a mark, THEN you would have had no issues.

I propose that the Board of studies needs to decide which one they want, an accurate, mechanical, and well written response.

Or

A thoughtful, creative, but messy and at points inaccurate style response.

Any attempt to "mix" these two together, will leave those who are used to regurgitating whining about how there were DIFFERENT WORDS USED IN THE QUESTION THIS YEAR.
But why do you compeltely discount the possibility of doing both?
As far as my preparation was concerned, I read broadly around the topics and memorised specific essays for each of the three sections for Christianity. With a little thought in the exam, I planned and then wrote and essay which I feel answered the question that was posed. Memorising isn't inherently bad, it's just when it is used in isolation that it becomes an issue.

So for those who had difficulty with the exam and believe that they should complain, I understand your perspective and I hope that you aren't significantly disadvantaged as a result. I do believe however that correct preparation involves developing general knowledge as well as memorising, allowing for the essays that you have prepared to be combined or adjusted as needed with the addition of extra general knowledge to strengthen your answer.

Well, thats my input, good luck to everyone with the rest of their exams!

.N.

HSC
But why do you compeltely discount the possibility of doing both?
As far as my preparation was concerned, I read broadly around the topics and memorised specific essays for each of the three sections for Christianity. With a little thought in the exam, I planned and then wrote and essay which I feel answered the question that was posed. Memorising isn't inherently bad, it's just when it is used in isolation that it becomes an issue.

So for those who had difficulty with the exam and believe that they should complain, I understand your perspective and I hope that you aren't significantly disadvantaged as a result. I do believe however that correct preparation involves developing general knowledge as well as memorising, allowing for the essays that you have prepared to be combined or adjusted as needed with the addition of extra general knowledge to strengthen your answer.

Well, thats my input, good luck to everyone with the rest of their exams!

Agree=]. Memorising isn't that bad. You can still come in there... and use pieces of your memorised work to form your essay. Besides, whether you've memorised an essay or not... you still have the sufficient knoweldge to answer a question.

No-body memorises a text book. And it's not that 'its not from the syllabus', its that it was worded in a way which was confusing.

mesbaz

HSC
N/A
personally i think it was the syllabus, i dont think that BOS is that stupid 2 give u a question of the syallbus, i think people just memorised the txt book n found the question worded in such a way that u cannot write word for word of the txt book in the question. SO GET OVER IT!!!!!!!!!!!.

ur just all complaining coz uz dont have a brain to b creative and interpret the question.

haha you of all people should not criticize others.
miss i want a 60 uai and i cant spell
do you even do religion ?
you clearly dont know the bos very well.......even teachers call them stupid
with your grammar skills id love to see you try some of the questions on that paper and then come back and let us know about how ' creative ' we are.

mesbaz

HSC
N/A

okay seriously. im sick of people using the same argument. just read my other posts before you talk so big.

mesbaz

HSC
N/A
does anyone know which schools delayed their exams ????

mesbaz

HSC
N/A
Lol loving your reply to the previous comments.
yea our school delayed ours by an hour... well i do 2unit... we sat in rooms and 1 unit sat in the hall. When we had 5 minutes reading.... everyone went psycho.... and then this girl told the supervisor that the q was weird... we thought it was from the old syllabus... and then the supervisor called the other supervisor and so on... so we sat there 'silently' for an hour. we went in at 2... ended up starting at 3.
hey im about to send you a personal message in about a minute. have a look at it okies. its important :)

.N.

HSC
hey im about to send you a personal message in about a minute. have a look at it okies. its important :)

Sure thing... Hopefully I know how to open it... since I'm having difficulties with this. haha:)

P.T.F.E

HSC
Maybe because it WASN'T about all the topics. It had nothing to do with the significant person. It was based on Ethics and/OR Significant Practices, hence the vague question was so people would make their own interpretations which many people are seemingly incapable of.
could have linked it to a person such as qutb. but it is a point how were er to know.

zazzy1234

Banned
HSC
haha you of all people should not criticize others.
miss i want a 60 uai and i cant spell
do you even do religion ?
you clearly dont know the bos very well.......even teachers call them stupid
with your grammar skills id love to see you try some of the questions on that paper and then come back and let us know about how ' creative ' we are.
ur just jealous miss i want 99.8567549875987 uai n im sooooooooooo sucidial if i dont get it,
bobhohohohoh
THE BOS AINT A IDOIT U R, IT PROVES THAT U R SOOOOOOOO THICK MINDED THAT U CANT INTERPRET THE QUESTION, N BY THE WAY JUS COZ I WRITE LIKE DIS MR "TEACHERS PET" AINT MEAN I WRITE LIKE DIS IN A DA EXAM!!!!!!!!!!!! ahahahah

zazzy1234

Banned
HSC
omg at the whingers.
guys its almost been a week.
move on with life.
nooooooooooo life habibty, they have locked up in their rooms since the age of 3, n chuck a sook ova nt get a uai of 9.46959064598067. so let b they r complaining how they cnt interpret the qeustions

mesbaz

HSC
N/A
ur just jealous miss i want 99.8567549875987 uai n im sooooooooooo sucidial if i dont get it,
bobhohohohoh
THE BOS AINT A IDOIT U R, IT PROVES THAT U R SOOOOOOOO THICK MINDED THAT U CANT INTERPRET THE QUESTION, N BY THE WAY JUS COZ I WRITE LIKE DIS MR "TEACHERS PET" AINT MEAN I WRITE LIKE DIS IN A DA EXAM!!!!!!!!!!!! ahahahah
uhm. i dont care how you write. your uai aim shows how well you go in exams
and i didnt say i was suicidal... im not even acting suicidal.... im just telling or was telling people who had a problem with the exam whats being done about it and what to do if they wanted to raise concerns. i see your grammars not the only problem. your just a major fail when it comes to the english language period.

most people who did that exam couldn't interpret the question. being thick minded doesn't even have anything to do with it. guessing you don't know what thick minded means either....

and what does ' teachers pet ' have to do with anything ? what are you like 10.

you're an embarrassment. period.

mesbaz

HSC
N/A
nooooooooooo life habibty, they have locked up in their rooms since the age of 3, n chuck a sook ova nt get a uai of 9.46959064598067. so let b they r complaining how they cnt interpret the qeustions
seriously. i don't understand why the people who didn't have a problem with the exam and people who DIDN'T EVEN SIT THE EXAM are coming in this thread.

like don't you have anything better to do with your life than involve yourselves in other peoples concerns? People who you DONT EVEN KNOW ...

this thread obviously doesn't concern you...
& its not just that you VISIT them. its that you actually keep coming back.....

im surprised youre not suicidal.

Last edited:

zazzy1234

Banned
HSC
seriously. i don't understand why the people who didn't have a problem with the exam and people who DIDN'T EVEN SIT THE EXAM are coming in this thread.

like don't you have anything better to do with your life than involve yourselves in other peoples concerns? People who you DONT EVEN KNOW ...

this thread obviously doesn't concern you...
& its not just that you VISIT them. its that you actually keep coming back.....

im surprised youre not suicidal.
if u think it's pathectic n immature then dont reply, honeslty i dont know y u bother aleast i cn answer the question, may u wud like to try it.

mesbaz

HSC
N/A
if u think it's pathectic n immature then dont reply, honeslty i dont know y u bother aleast i cn answer the question, may u wud like to try it.
i would answer your question if i could make out what it was. maybe ask it using proper grammar and proper tense. ill try my hardest to decode your kindergarten grammar.

the main reason you came here and made a stupid comment is because you wanted people to reply, no ? isnt that what you always do. start stupid comments and fights and play along ? because clearly you have no real life, must find it fun to argue with randoms on the internet.

i wouldn't want to disappoint a Nigel like yourself. you seem so desperate for attention.

EDIT: you didnt even ask a question you freak.
also, i didnt call you pathetic or immature. but i guess youve heard it enough times to know that you are :)

Last edited:

bored of sc

HSC
I'm on the side of the Board of Studies. The essay questions deemed 'unfair' required the application of knowledge and a holistic understanding of the course i.e. an awareness of the religion in contemporary society.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)