What came up in ur trials that u werent expecting? (1 Viewer)

TastesGoodBut

U know... the topics you havent touched since year 11... maybe some of the little things u have forgotten and one look at the equation wood have got u through

like i mean... i looked at afew past trials and there was division of a line and stuff - and i was like "wholy crap" coodnt remember it... took 2 seconds and it was back in the head...

and sequences and series etc

what else?

Affinity

HSC
my teacher asked us to prove something that was false, which was quite unexpected.
Another one was a question that asked about the horizontal distance travelled by a projectile, but not from the origin (misread the question :( )

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
we got too many dumb little questions that took up too much time ...
i totally was freaking out for shm and full studied it..did all excercises and got them right.... and wen it came to the exam.. i left the whole section out .. BAHHH
i didnt end up finishing my test....
there was a ratio division one.. where we had to fill in the blanks for a sentence... bahh this is maths not english...

eg. the line AB was divided in the ratio of ___ by P
etc et c
GRR

stag_j

one that threw a lot of people in my school was proving that odd functions pass through the origin. then the second part of the question was to show that x is a factor of odd functions.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by stag_j
one that threw a lot of people in my school was proving that odd functions pass through the origin. then the second part of the question was to show that x is a factor of odd functions.
how do u do that?:confused:

Affinity

HSC
hmm x is not a factor of odd functions, only odd polynomials of degree 1 or over.

y=sin(x) is odd..

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Affinity
hmm x is not a factor of odd functions, only odd polynomials of degree 1 or over.

y=sin(x) is odd..
:D you just take words out of my mouth... ;)

anyway, on the serious note...i saw this question in the cambridge 3u text book somewhere so thats why i asked...but they didn't ask about the fact that x, is a factor of odd functions.:rolleyes:

stag_j

well for the first part of the question, proving that odd functions pass through the origin:
using f(-a)=-f(a):
f(0)=-f(0)
2f(0)=0
therefore f(0)=0

part two, showing that x is a factor of odd functions:
since 0 is a root of odd functions, then (x-0) is a factor, so x is a factor... im pretty sure that is all there was to it. i don't have my paper back yet but i should on monday so i can tell you exactly - i know i got it right at least.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)