what can i be doing over the hols? (1 Viewer)

foxster

HSC
hey,
since this are the longest hols before the HSC...what can i be doing to help me in further assessments, exams, and ultimately the big one!

thanks
foxster

Danoz The Great

HSC
foxster said:
hey,
since this are the longest hols before the HSC...what can i be doing to help me in further assessments, exams, and ultimately the big one!

thanks
foxster
revising (reading over notes etc) and i'm not sure because i don't do geography :p, but some skill questions might be good. i think there's some in the excel book.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
make notes on everything you have done so you don't have to do it later. catch up on anything you have had trouble understanding From the WordPerfect Help Desk If you find these hidden messages PM me. How long will it take?

Maybe read ahead a bit and have the concepts fixed in your mind so when you go over them in class they are familiar and become more firmly fixed in your head. So like light bulbs go off and you are like I get this, I know this, I can add this to what I already know. Take notes too. It is important to do the memory time thing, learn it one day, then revise in one week, two weeks, one month or whatever the period is. (I forget exactly, sorry, but I think that's it).

foxster

HSC
hey, thanks a lot for that, it should be really helpful!

in my class at school, i got a lot of the 'çountry boarders', and im the top in my class, 4th in the year, so hopefully by doing that, i can raise my position in the year! thanks

elisabeth

HSC
That's what I should be doing over the holidays too... Foxter, what ecosystems are you studying? Maybe we could compare notes.

foxster

HSC
um...ecosystems...intertidal wetlands...dont know the others, dont think our teacher has even decided!!

u?

Sim0n

HSC
Its geography....ask yourself, is there anything you could possibly not understand? Its a damn easy subject. Just keep in touch with current social/political/environmental events and concentrate in class and you should be fine.

elisabeth

HSC
Sim0n said:
Its geography....ask yourself, is there anything you could possibly not understand? Its a damn easy subject. Just keep in touch with current social/political/environmental events and concentrate in class and you should be fine.
Not everyone has a teacher who actually bothers teaching, let alone turning up to lessons... some people have to take matters into their own hands.

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
foxster said:
hey,

thanks
foxster
i say have a good holiday. the most id do is get familiar with the syllabus. by the end of the hsc or midway you are gonmna wish youd had a break.

the best thing to do is just stay on top of your work and not fall behind. make notes after your teacher has covered them. youd be wasting your time making ntes now. but maybe have a read through a revision guide and see what all the dot points are about etc

zenger69

Bok Choyer
HSC
I don't know if the person b4 did geography.

But the geography syllabus is not like the Chem/Phys sylabus. It doesn't contain statements about what you should know. So it's not very useful. But read it over to see whats in the HSC.

To excel in this subject, over the holidays catch up on and revise on Ecosystems at Risk and have a look at Mega Cities.

Mek sure you fully understand the casestudy and biophysical interactions within the ecosystems (apprently if you mention anything to do with interactions in your HSC essays you earn big points).

malkin86

HSC
I guess you can't find out what your case studies are.. but if you know, search for notes/links/etc. Try and get your head around the terminology needed - even for topics that you aren't up to yet. Crunch the notes that you do have to make them smaller - not *physically*, mind you! ;)

zenger69

Bok Choyer
HSC
Or just start summarising notes from Megacities and read over Economic Activity and People.

Might be interesting read and take a rest as well.

HSC
what I've been doing (or plan to do):
Summarise and make notes
Practise some extended responses
Start reading the upcoming chapters
Revise and practise skills.

Realistically though, probably just the first two.
Oh and don't forget to rest like james has mentioned.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)