what can I do if I'm sick? (1 Viewer)

UGFighter

HSC
Ok, no shit.

I feel really nauseous, sore throat and just feel like utter shit for some reason.

I could just suck it up and do the exam, but what other options have I got?

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
As with any other assessment, get a doctors certificate and put in a form for special consideration.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
probably..but i don't actually know haha

edit:
REQUEST FOR SPECIAL CONSIDERATION
The University's rules allow for a candidate who claims that study during the year, preparation for an examination or attendance at or performance in an examination has been affected by illness, disability or other serious cause, to report the circumstances in writing on the prescribed form.

The granting of Special Consideration could involve a further examination or assessment held shortly after the normal examination. Any further examination or assessment administered will be by the Academic Organisation Unit that offered the course. Application Forms may be obtained from the Faculty Office, Student Services Centre, Student Health Service, Student Counselling Unit on the Callaghan Campus, or the Campus Information and Service Centre on the Ourimbah Campus. This form Application for Special Consideration for Formal Written Examinations should be supported by medical or other evidence and directed to the School Office for the faculty in which the student is enrolled.

Applying for Special Consideration does not automatically allow the student to use the Alternative Examination Arrangements Room. A separate application form must be lodged with the Disability Liaison Officer at the Student Services Centre, Callaghan Campus or Student Support Unit, Ourimbah Campus.

Last edited:

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
can i do that with practicum? I am so sick atm its not funny and i don't think i can make it to prac tomorrow

heyyawatever

Watch this space
HSC
What will the poor kids think? Fuck the practical mark, think of the children. Ohh someone, think of the children.

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
yeah i had to apply for special consideration for a mid semester for micro...i got it cos i was away in kempsey working for the exam. but i think theyre a fair bit more strict about final exams.
you can get a special consideration form off the net (its on the site somewhere) just fill it out and ring up the uni and ask where to take it (will prolly be the newc business school for acfi1020 but i wouldnt be sure of opening hours in the holidays...)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
You usually have to sit the exam anyway...I was sick for PHIL last year and resat the same exam as everyone else.

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
Yeah, I got special consideration for this semester's exams.

You still have to sit them (unless you get permission from Vice Chancellor and/or course co-ordinator) and despite popular belief, they don't bump your marks up or anything. In the event of a fail, they can either make you sit another exam (or give you an assessment worth the same as the exam), let you withdraw from the course without academic penalty or they can do nothing and the fail remains. Totally up to the course co-ordinator.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Wow, that I didn't know. Still, I have never been so sick that I couldn't sit an exam and if I did happen to fall sick during exam period then after all the effort I had put into the subject during the semester I would just sit the exam regardless:).

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
PrincessSJ said:
can i do that with practicum? I am so sick atm its not funny and i don't think i can make it to prac tomorrow

with our one, if your sick you need a drs certificate, and you still have to make up any days you missed. not sure if you can get special consideration

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
Ranger Stacie said:
yeah I am the same, I refuse to miss prac unless im dying.
no way am i chipping into my holidays
exactly, and I would have to drive home next weekend for a dance thing, then drive back to Tamworth for the following week.. not gunna happen..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)